Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2006, 11:59 PM

Default I\'m too sexy.

<font color="blue"> Villian = 25/25/1.5 Small sample </font>

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.67SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3.83BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5.83BB, 2 players)
Hero checks [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2006, 12:08 AM

Default Re: I\'m too sexy.

should work enough to be more profitable than betting.

Although the *pause* *think* bet allowing you to 3 bang his raise might be better [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2006, 12:10 AM

I think I like it. It depends if he developed his aggression factor through folding often or raising/betting often. If he's prone to betting then it's worth considering.

I was against it at first because I had a hard time thinking of hands that he could have to bet here, but maybe he is peeling with an ace or has a club. It also induces a bluff on a scare card from hands that wouldn't call a bet. I don't expect to collect both bets from the check/raise too often, but I think that you get one more often than by betting. You also get to shout Yahtzee! when he catches retarded 3-betting A9/K9.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:54 AM

it hurts...
I like it b/c he doesn't know you yet.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:11 AM

Gosh I must be the most unimaginative poker player ever cuz I hate this play. What's he gonna do...bet 88 now? No, but I bet he makes a frustrated call with it. And if he has AQ/AJ, you'll get 3 bets in pretty damn often. Plus who the hell is gonna bluff when checked to here--certainly not a thinking player. But an emotionally unstable but thinking player might bluff-raise with QcJx (though I've pretty much given up on this play at this point).
Old 07-12-2006, 02:16 AM

never had the chance to sexy anyone, though more than likely i have, but generally fear it being checked through.

is there a particular kind of player one looks to attempt to sexy when said situation arises?
Old 07-12-2006, 03:06 AM

c _ _ _ _ _ _ 7 ?
Old 07-12-2006, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
should work enough to be more profitable than betting.

Although the *pause* *think* bet allowing you to 3 bang his raise might be better [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
My thoughts exactly. I'd like a read to be able to take the bet/3b line, but I try it every so often - complete with false timing tell - and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
never had the chance to sexy anyone, though more than likely i have, but generally fear it being checked through.

is there a particular kind of player one looks to attempt to sexy when said situation arises?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look for very aggressive value bettors, the kind that will value bet a marginal pair looking for a call from Ace-high, and in general try to figure out the nature of your opponent's hand before the river happens. Sometimes you'll have such a good idea of what your opponent holds, that checkraising the river will be easy. Also, pay attention to how hands have been played lately. For example, if youve watched a guy call down and bet the river when checked to the last 3 HU pots he was involved in, start thinking about sexying him.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:36 AM

I can honestly say the SH limit I play the more I hate the sexy against almost anyone besides a lag.

Bet.