Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2006, 03:09 AM

Default OT: PSA for you reckless kids

I haven't been running great lately, so ten minutes ago when I was HU in two SNGs with massive chip leads and three-handed in another I was finally feeling pretty good. The feeling went away when my Party connection got dropped and in the five minutes it took to get reconnected I experienced death by a thousand minraises.

I shouldn't be tilting and posting, so I'll just say as a PSA: If you play a bunch of SNGs, and especially if it's like, for your living, you are effing crazy for not setting up an alternate internet connection. It will probably pay for itself really quickly, if not in cash certainly in peace of mind. Guh I didn't think it would happen to me.

Old 04-04-2006, 03:58 AM

Default Re: OT: PSA for you reckless kids

yes one of my favorite days was when I was just moving to the 215's (back in 05) and I got disconnected in 8 tournaments and had no one to call and nowhere to go play. then when i go out to my car someone had shot my window with a bb gun. yay! I still don't have a backup connection, but I do have a few people I can call and have play.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:06 AM

Now I feel slightly guilty about all the blinds I stole. It was like playing Whack-a-Mole as I had two 6-handers HU and another three-handed with everyone but me disconnected.

Of course I have no backup connection and not much of a contingency plan.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't been running great lately, so ten minutes ago when I was HU in two SNGs with massive chip leads and three-handed in another I was finally feeling pretty good. The feeling went away when my Party connection got dropped and in the five minutes it took to get reconnected I experienced death by a thousand minraises.

I shouldn't be tilting and posting, so I'll just say as a PSA: If you play a bunch of SNGs, and especially if it's like, for your living, you are effing crazy for not setting up an alternate internet connection. It will probably pay for itself really quickly, if not in cash certainly in peace of mind. Guh I didn't think it would happen to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, someone at the PP freeroll\TLB tourney last sunday sure enjoyed my disconnected. 8 people left, ive got 110k chips outta 300k, complete control of the table, and my internets out for good (well, there were some tornados in town, lol). Dammit, I just moved here im gonna hafta get a phone line for dialup backup at least. I ended up 3rd so it cost me like 700, ah well.