Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Check my Stats (20k Hands, NL50, 100, 200)

I think it is interesting to look at how different players earn their keep. At some limits you can employ a particular style and be very effective. Be that and aggressive/positional style relying on stealing, a style that relies on making excellent post flop decisions especially in shown down hands, a style that relies more on hand reading and trapping, etc, etc. As the collection of players gets better and better, you need to be able to employ tactics from all of the styles and not be such a one note charlie. The melding of these denotes real growth in a player, I think.

Ray Zee wrote a nice piece on the evolution of a player someplace on the site. Loosening up and tightening back down is one of the big leaps a player needs to make to achieve expert play.

http://www.twoplustwo.com/zee2.html

In internet time, I think you need (and get the chance) to move up and down these stages several times. For instance, I recognize several aspects of Ray's advanced player in my game while I am, by any measure, a decidedly intermediate player. I expect that I have several trips up and down the loose/tight ladder prior to achieving much beyond the intermediate level. Were I a live only player, I would probably only get one chance and would have quit the game some time ago.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're misreading his blind play. His difference w/o blind is positive. That's not to say it's good or bad, just that he is doing better than simply folding every blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

all that means is he did a lot better at 1/2 in the sb but -.29bb a hand, when posting is -.25 means he's losing more than his post in terms of BB
Old 10-17-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think ur hitting some short-run variance. ur attmpt to steal is ~50 (just about 20-30pts high from normal), and ur CB % is probably huge (4.5+ flop aggro factor generally means ur CBing a HUUUUUUUUUUGE ammt of the time). combine this with the fact that u look loose (given ur overall stats and u steal 50% of the time), ur just running good on CB's working now.

not to say that all ur profit comes from CB's being successful, but quite a bit does come from profitably CBing.

[/ QUOTE ]

His cbeting is fine: 78% (My CBET: 82% - 57,753 hands)
Old 10-17-2007, 02:30 PM

This is not my only style. When I played NL2, 10 and 25 I was pretty nitty. I'm a little concerned about NL200+, though

Total:

0-20BB pots

20-75BB pots

75+ BB
Old 10-17-2007, 03:08 PM

Nice link Stan, i was trying to find that Zee article a while ago and could not recall where it was.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:09 PM

That's interesting. It appears that you are not stealing all that effectively. You're losing money in the small pots, which would indicate you steal well. You make all you're money by making good decisions in the big pots (and you're running hot).
Old 10-17-2007, 03:13 PM

My bad. I read that as big blind, not big bet. You are correct, sir. Nicely played.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ur attmpt to steal is ~50 (just about 20-30pts high from normal)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an attempt to steal around 37, and it would probably be higher if there were fewer shortstacks around

[ QUOTE ]
ur CB % is probably huge (4.5+ flop aggro factor generally means ur CBing a HUUUUUUUUUUGE ammt of the time)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a very high flop ag factor(>5), it comes from being the aggressor preflop in most of the pots you play, which in turn leads to you either betting or checking on the flop(checking isn't factored into agfactor)

I think his biggest concern is his blind play

he would have lost less money simply folding every single time in the SB, now it could easily be variance, ie losing a bunch of huge pots to suckouts/coolers but its something to really look at

same goes for his BB play, -.36 is quite bad

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to respond, but this is pretty close to exactly what I was going to say.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's interesting. It appears that you are not stealing all that effectively. You're losing money in the small pots, which would indicate you steal well.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhm, you mean I don't steal well?
really looks like -.-
If I steal well my "Total Winnings" would be higher than my "Showdown winnings", won't they?
Old 10-17-2007, 04:29 PM

Sorry. Where did that "don't" go.

You are correct, it looks like you don't steal well. In the pots less than 20BB, where most of the stealing goes on, you are losing money. Good thieves tend to have positive green lines and often negative showdown lines. (They're stealing, so when a hand gets shown down they are often taking the worst of it.

In big pots, you're total earnings are right around your showdown earnings. So, you aren't running big bluffs and winning those pots so much as showing up with the best hand.