Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 07:19 AM

Default Re: Where to find pros in LV?

LOL, Eskimo Clark is a pro if losing players can be pros.

You can find him everyday at the Bicycle Club or the Commerce, sometimes both as he walks between the two stopping at various pawn shops along the way.

I'm sure he'll take a picture with you if you buy him into a satellite, but you'll get "50-50" if he wins!

-Michael
Old 10-14-2007, 10:43 AM

I've seen "poker celebrities" at Bellagio a hundred times. I doubt you can snap a picture, unless you ambush them at the back entrance to the men's room, which could cause you problems.

Gabe Thaylor is my favorite cash game pro and he hosts some of the players you would know, and many you would not know, at the Venetian.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Robert is supposed to be the best in Tunica but I haven't played him yet (his wife tells me he is the best, good enough for me since there seems to be no evidence otherwise - Kate is very cool).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Doc Jennings would qualify as the best triple draw player in Tunica. Back in 2004 Robert Williamson was telling a story about how they change the procedure at Bellagio to accomodate him when he plays there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno if he's gotten better but Doc is a beast at A-5 and only seems to be ok at 2-7. He always lobbies to get A-5 added to a mix because he plays so much better at it than deuce.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I think other players may have improved around him. I haven't seen any TD games since 2004 and haven't seen any big games on a regular basis since 2002. Back then they usually played half A-5 and half 2-7.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen "poker celebrities" at Bellagio a hundred times. I doubt you can snap a picture, unless you ambush them at the back entrance to the men's room, which could cause you problems.

Gabe Thaler is my favorite cash game pro and he hosts some of the players you would know, and many you would not know, at the Venetian.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP