Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 02:07 AM

Default Re: *** OFFICIAL 10/14/07 NFL EARLY GAME THREAD ***

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really like any other plays in the early games enough to bet on them. Might throw a unit on Tennessee a +3 but really undecided there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I put a bet on Titans ML(+130). Titans are for real, A LOT of size up front on defense and the Bucs ground game is in shambles. Garcia can be mistake free but he can't exactly air it out and run a one-dimensional offense. And the Titans secondary is no slouch either.

Also like the Vikings +5.5. Bears had a +4 takeaway ratio against Green Bay and they just barely squeeked by. This team still gave up 34 points to Detroit in the 4th quarter. And they're still banged up on defense. Vikings D is superb against the run and Cedric Benson has been nothing short of attrocious this season.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really like any other plays in the early games enough to bet on them. Might throw a unit on Tennessee a +3 but really undecided there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I put a bet on Titans ML(+130). Titans are for real, A LOT of size up front on defense and the Bucs ground game is in shambles. Garcia can be mistake free but he can't exactly air it out and run a one-dimensional offense. And the Titans secondary is no slouch either.

Also like the Vikings +5.5. Bears had a +4 takeaway ratio against Green Bay and they just barely squeeked by. This team still gave up 34 points to Detroit in the 4th quarter. And they're still banged up on defense. Vikings D is superb against the run and Cedric Benson has been nothing short of attrocious this season.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on the under for either or both game? Chicagos offense is awful, Vikings have a solid defense, and Vikings are starting the worst QB in the NFL (holcomb isnt starting right?). Don't see this being too high scoring.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the vikings to cover too.
I really liked the Tenn money line until I remembered that Tampa Bay is pretty good at shutting down scrambling QBs - playing Vick twice a year.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:52 AM

SageStats ensign_lee

YTD: 15-17-2
Units Won: -4.46

~~~
Had a nice week last week, but it still wasn't enough to get me back to the black. wow. hah. Well, at least it took away the sting of the Red River Shootout. It definitely felt nice having a winning week, though, weeh!

Well, on to this week. Let's hope this week performs as well as last week!

~~~
Minnesota Vikings Moneyline (+195)
4 units at BetTrojan

Again, this is a bet against a QB that I don't have as much faith in as everyone else seems to. I think Minnesota wins this game half the time, at least. Getting around +200 is fantastic. GO GO VIKINGS.

Tennessee Titans Moneyline (+120)
2 units at JustBet

The AFC South has lost one game outside its division. ONE. All the rest of the losses have come against each other. And now we have an AFC South Team going and playing an NFC South team. As much as I hate the Titans, I think that they can take care of business here. Add in the fact that Pinny has been making it relatively unattractive to place any bets on Tennessee and this goes from a one unit bet to a two unit bet. GO GO AFC SOUTH.

St. Louis Rams +10 (-110)
2 units at Skybook

Took this when I saw the Pinny lean on +9.5 at -110. Yay Skybook free half point onto somewhat key numbers! Honestly, I'm a little iffy on this bet, but hey...if Pinny is willing to take it, so am I. That, and since I no longer have the ability to sell points, I can't scalp this out. Dang.

Houston Texans +6.5 (-105)
1 unit at BetTrojan

Why does everyone always conveniently forget that the Texans hate the Jaguars and usually play them well? Not to mention that the Texans regain two important players in the offense this week: starting RB Ahman Green, and good rookie WR/PR Jacoby Jones. Jacoby's impact on the special teams and on the team's psyche is ridiculous.

I am worried about the Texans running game, seeing the offensive line struggle so much after the loss of starting C Steve McKinney and the fall of Ahman Green, but hopefully, with Green re-entering the lineup this week, that will be alleviated somewhat. GO TEXANS.

3 team 6 point teaser (+180)
HOU +12.5
MIN +11
TEN +9
3 units at BetTrojan

~~~
Allrighty, do what you need to do. I could easily revert back to my losing form at the beginning of this season.

Well, if you want to see how I've been doing, here's a little info:

~~~
Wager Size
1 unit plays: 5-6-2 +0.07
2 unit plays: 7-7 +0.51
3 unit plays: 2-3 -3.14
5 unit plays: 0-1 -5.5

Bet Type:
Point Spread: 5-9-1 -12.73
Moneylines: 3-7 -5.28
Totals: 6-1-1 +9.95

GO GO TEXANS!
Old 10-14-2007, 10:49 AM

I put a bunch on PHL-3 earlier in the week in hopes that Westbrook and Thomas [and maybe LJ and Sheppard would be back] the first two are back, line is now 3.5 obvs but I still like PHL even on the road here, healthier and with the week off Reid's boys have been pretty unstoppable.

In short, I think Jets are just that bad. I guess we'll see.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:31 AM

i like all the home dogs this week. not only is it a good subset in general, but today each dog is potentially underrated, while their road opponents are all perpetually overrated.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:32 AM

Early Week 6 Picks:

CIN Bengals @ KC Chiefs +3
HOU Texans +6.5 @ JAC Jaguars
MIA Dolphins @ CLE Browns -4
MIN Vikings +4.5 @ CHI Bears
PHI Eagles -4 @ NY Jets
STL Rams @ BAL Ravens -9
TEN Titans +3 @ TB Buccs
WAS Redskins @ GB Packers -3

1u each pick.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:36 AM

Adding:

Miami Dolphins Moneyline (+170)
3 units at JustBet

If you have access to Skybook, I'd take their +180. Unfortunately, all my funds there at the moment are tied up.

At any rate, these two teams are quite similar and this line shouldn't be as high as it is right now. Moreover, there are more bets on Cleveland (since when are they a public darling? hah), but the line moved from CLE -5 to CLE -4. And Pinnacle is holding +4 (-111) and theGreek is holding +4 (-115); the leans of these two books is quite telling to me. Everyone else still has this offered at -110.

Add this all up and this becomes a three unit bet.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:38 AM

Picks this week from the Inimical NFL Algorithm Spotting Systematic Addle-pates

Green Bay -3 v Washington bet 1u to win 1u
Chicago -4.5 v Minnesota bet 1u to win 1.06u
San Diego -9.5 v Oakland bet 1.02u to win 1u

I'm out of town, so I don't have the system's exact record. IIRC, it's one game over .500 (7-6-1 or something) for about an upside of half a unit on 14 units bet
Old 10-14-2007, 11:54 AM

Worried that almost everyone here also likes the Vikings, but I just don't see how they're not simply a better team right now, even without considering Vasher and Briggs being hurt.

Is it just a case of the public being slow to adapt to a new reality because the Bears have been good and Minnesota's ben bad the past couple of years?