Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 05:24 AM

Default Re: Enjoy my Fulltilt Pain for the evening - Feel free to flame me

Since you didn't post stakes I'm going to chime in [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You seem to have been delt a lot of second best hands this month but I don't think you have played them badly, I'm not folding those sets and would be willing to be stacked with them. And you flopped a straight someone called you with NP,ND and got a runner-runner flush - if he had folded the flop you would have won a little, but in the long run you make more by him chasing even though he hits on rare occasions.

Even though you had some coolers, I don't think that looks rigged. In the last 1k hands I've given a cruel beat with straight-flush vs quads and given a nice cooler with quads against nut flush, had AA vs KK AI pf and had KK vs AA vs J9o AI pr (and J9 won obv.) so just play your game and when variance is on your side you can tell us again what a great player you are, and when its not you can say its rigged.

Good luck at the tables.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:42 AM

Full Tilt is indeed rigged. All good players should play Stars. All crappy players should play FT.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:08 AM

Just to the first two hands:
1) With an overpair to the board and such a small bet, I stay in the pot, too. And every now and then he'll get lucky, too and hit his set. Of course you don't see set over set too often, but it happens. Or does it never occur at PS?
2) Small stacked, with a gut shot draw and flush draw, I think it's not the worst move to shove there, IMO...

Anyway, I don't get this whole discussion about Full Tilt being rigged. I've played at many sites, at strange hands appeared on all of them. I would love to hear some real reasons and conclusions that show without a doubt that FT is rigged. I just dont get the point, why would it make sense for a site to manipulate the game in a manner, that leads to players withdrawing their money and not playing there anymore???
Old 08-15-2007, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just dont get the point, why would it make sense for a site to manipulate the game in a manner, that leads to players withdrawing their money and not playing there anymore???

[/ QUOTE ]

That wouldn't make sense. If they were to rigg it up I'd assume they'd deal out more monsters to everyone, i.e. set vs sets etc. This would generate more large pots, which would pay our more rake. As long as everyone got their share of winning hands I doubt there would be that many complaints. But yeah, doing that would still be stupid as I'm sure there are enough people trying to prove that poker is rigged.

Anyway, I don't mind rigged as long as it still rigged in my favor [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2007, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just dont get the point, why would it make sense for a site to manipulate the game in a manner, that leads to players withdrawing their money and not playing there anymore???

[/ QUOTE ]

That wouldn't make sense. If they were to rigg it up I'd assume they'd deal out more monsters to everyone, i.e. set vs sets etc. This would generate more large pots, which would pay our more rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

And even that is questionable, as the maximum rake of every pot is 3 $. So especially at the higher levels, there's no need to deal monster vs monster to get the full rake.

At least, I' m happy to hear I'm not the only one having problems with all this rigging conspiracy theories..
Old 08-15-2007, 09:06 AM

convert ur hands
Old 08-15-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt is indeed rigged. All good players should play Stars. All crappy players should play FT.

[/ QUOTE ]