Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How would you characterize your vote?
I voted for Democrats 9 31.03%
I voted against Republicans 20 68.97%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Personal / dating / whatever life situation general advice thread

All,

From time to time people ask about starting this sort of emo-ish thread here. For big life-changing things, we generally give them the go-ahead. But a lot of times it's some random gf situation that probably doesn't really merit a thread.

So, here's a thread for all sorts of random personal life questions you might want to pose to EDF readers.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation general advice thread

I submitted my application to two investment firms yesterday. After hitting the submit button, I got a rush of blood into my head and got a minor headache. I probably got stressed out because I do not know what life in the office will be like and whether I will enjoy the environment and the political stuffs. I know I'll do my job well but I wonder if it is the life for me. But then again, you'll know never until you try it.

Comments?
Old 10-12-2007, 05:24 PM

SH,

What sort of jobs/firms?
Old 10-12-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I submitted my application to two investment firms yesterday. After hitting the submit button, I got a rush of blood into my head and got a minor headache. I probably got stressed out because I do not know what life in the office will be like and whether I will enjoy the environment and the political stuffs. I know I'll do my job well but I wonder if it is the life for me. But then again, you'll know never until you try it.

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Def. need more info.

This sounds like one of those work = life jobs.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:51 PM

An analyst role in the Equity Department.

FWIW, I am planning to open a fund down the road so I figure this is the best step to get ready. The main problem is I'm not sure if the environment is right for me. I used to work at Circuit City as a salesperson when I was 17 [I was probably bad] and the working environment was horrendous among workers.

Another factor that is making me think twice about working for a firm is I know with time and effort, I can understand most of what Warren Buffett says in his annual report and I think once I do, I'll be fine on my own. However, the world is a very big place and the idea of me missing some important experience will probably be in the back of my mind later.

As you can see, I'm in a limbo.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:17 PM

ok i'll give this a shot

i'm having a party at home tomorrow and want to a girl i met at school to come. how do i go about inviting her? we haven't done much together besides sit together and talk in class fwiw.

edit - i really like her and she's not a 'hit it and quit it' situation
Old 10-12-2007, 06:21 PM

kk,

Text her or facebook msg her.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:26 PM

I would like to meet some women outside of bars and clubs and work. I joined a kick ball team, but the girls are beat. Running club is next up, but anyone have any other ideas?
Old 10-12-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kk,

Text her or facebook msg her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the facebook message occupy a different niche than straight-up email? I've used them occasionally, but they do seem a bit pointless.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok i'll give this a shot

i'm having a party at home tomorrow and want to a girl i met at school to come. how do i go about inviting her? we haven't done much together besides sit together and talk in class fwiw.

edit - i really like her and she's not a 'hit it and quit it' situation

[/ QUOTE ]
Ask her in a normal manner if she likes to come to the party.

The key is don't act like it's some important shiet. A lot of guys fail at courting females because they have a tendency to overvalue their targets and thus lose their manhood due to fear of failure. This ironically increase the guys' failure rate.

I'm going to reference a scene from Boiler Room. Act as if. Act as if you're the most important shiet in the room. Act as if your penis was imported from Africa. Act as if the girl wants some of you in her. Obviously, you only think like this to improve your confidence and you should talk to her in a normal manner.

Lastly and is the most important factor, seriously, it's a girl. Who cares if she says no. There are other girls out there that are probably better than her. Once you have develop this attitude, your success rate will increase. If not, improve your speech, your clothes, your hygiene, your jokes etc.

That's it. I'm out.
Closed Thread