Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: The Ultimate Fighter / UFC thread

I have a tough time watching UFC events with other people. I've done alot of MMA/BJJ and I love the technical stuff. My friends/people at the bar are usually like "wow the ground stuff is so boring, i want them to punch each other!" where as I'm more "omg did you see how he passed that guard!"

For this reason I am more than happy to sit at home and watch by myself...while I drink beer, eat ridiculous amounts of chips and just enjoy all-out couch-potato slobness. Awesome, I'm so excited
Old 09-22-2007, 09:06 PM

i considered not even watching this season because i can't stand hughes or serra at all.

saying hughes is anything more than a cocky punk bastard is more than i can stand, but next to serra he does look ok.

i just hope some really good fighters come out of this season. any guess on who serra wants to kick off the show?
it was in next week's previews.

btw. i would love to watch gsp whip serra and get some revenge and/or have bj penn crush either one of these fools.
if diego wins tonight does he get a shot or does he have to go back through josh koscheck to get a shot at gsp?

side note: jardinne grew up in butte, mt. which is like the irish tough guy central spot/drunk fighting/mean ass white boy capital of all of the northwest. i asked some butte punk/tough/fighter guys about him and no one knew anything about his tough guy reputation from there. that does not bode well for the dean of mean.
should be fun tonight. later. J.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hooter's used to show all the UFC fights, but they aren't playing tonight's fight. Is there any way for me to find out where in Los Angeles it's playing? There's no way I'm gonna pay to watch it streamed on the internet. If someone in LA wants to invite me to their viewing party, you won't regret it!

[/ QUOTE ]

A list with phone numbers for verification is posted here.

I did make the post so I cannot speak to its accuracy.

Regarding the OP, Serra is a tool who has no place as champion and I look forward to the imminent end of his reign. Also, this is a by far the greatest reality show because unlike all the fake conflict and posturing on other reality shows, people get punched in the face (repeatedly) on this one.

J
Old 09-22-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a tough time watching UFC events with other people. I've done alot of MMA/BJJ and I love the technical stuff. My friends/people at the bar are usually like "wow the ground stuff is so boring, i want them to punch each other!" where as I'm more "omg did you see how he passed that guard!"

For this reason I am more than happy to sit at home and watch by myself...while I drink beer, eat ridiculous amounts of chips and just enjoy all-out couch-potato slobness. Awesome, I'm so excited

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, except I got cashews and popcorn from the movie theater.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
side note: jardinne grew up in butte, mt. which is like the irish tough guy central spot/drunk fighting/mean ass white boy capital of all of the northwest. i asked some butte punk/tough/fighter guys about him and no one knew anything about his tough guy reputation from there. that does not bode well for the dean of mean.
should be fun tonight. later. J.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very few guys that get far in the UFC were moron tough guys. It seems to take a lot of intelligence to excel in MMA in general and the UFC in particular. Remember how many guys in TUF 1 had Masters' or grad school?
Old 09-23-2007, 12:16 AM

WOWOWOOWOWOWOW forrest vs shogun
Old 09-23-2007, 01:06 AM

The PPV named "Knockout" didn't contain a single knockout. I think the two upsets show there is a lot of parity in MMA.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:13 AM

Tyson Griffin fight awesome once again.
Forrest Griffin = wow.
Jardine: It just pisses me off that it was a split decision. Not sure what the hell that one judge saw. He should be fired on the spot. I enjoyed the fight, and Jardine earned it.
A relatively boring victory for Machida, no surprise there
Sanchez/Fitch was relatively close and solid.

Overall a great UFC I think.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:29 AM

forrest makes me smile like crazy. Obviously a guy who loves what he does.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:29 AM

And i know people who know both Matt's, and i can tell you that hughes is much more respected in mma circles.
Closed Thread