Old 07-21-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Re: NL100 K2s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise the flop bonehead

[/ QUOTE ]

very constructive

[/ QUOTE ]

im not certain raising the flop is the best line but id surely do it some of the time.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise the flop bonehead

[/ QUOTE ]

very constructive

[/ QUOTE ]

im not certain raising the flop is the best line but id surely do it some of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah same here, Im about as aggro as they come on the flop
Old 07-21-2007, 08:57 PM

Also i forget to mention this point that a semibluff works best when villian will call and fold more often. If they will most likely push or fold then semi bluffing has no value and you need to take your odds. That is somewhat intuitive but sometimes you forget small stuff like that.

I think here youll get reraised or folded to most often. Now the only shaky part of the eqation is that it comes down to your read on his jack range. As i mentioned earlier its pretty much cut and dried besides that read you have on the dude.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also i forget to mention this point that a semibluff works best when villian will call and fold more often. If they will most likely push or fold then semi bluffing has no value and you need to take your odds. That is somewhat intuitive but sometimes you forget small stuff like that.

I think here youll get reraised or folded to most often. Now the only shaky part of the eqation is that it comes down to your read on his jack range. As i mentioned earlier its pretty much cut and dried besides that read you have on the dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must be missing something here because I'm really happy if he folds the best hand here.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I must be missing something here because I'm really happy if he folds the best hand here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure what he's getting at is

if he reraises or shoves, all the drawing equity you have is lost, if he call/fold you win the pot on the spot sometimes, still get there on the river sometimes as well

if villian rr/fold you are better off having a purebluff
Old 07-21-2007, 09:36 PM

I think we can all agree that when someone folds a better hand we are happy about it. That is not the issue.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure what he's getting at is

if he reraises or shoves, all the drawing equity you have is lost, if he call/fold you win the pot on the spot sometimes, still get there on the river sometimes as well

if villian rr/fold you are better off having a purebluff

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in theory I see (mostly I believe) what is being said here. However, in pratice, I think it's quite rare to see someone lead the same amount on the turn and then shove back.

As far as the drawing equity being lost, this would be contingent on a couple factors the way I'm understanding things now. Mostly, that he would need to make a large raise.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:00 PM

Given the flop i don't think villain is on a draw very often. So that means that he either has a monster or a weak J, TT is also possible.
Obviously raising a monster hand is bad, and raising a J is good when he folds.
So basically this all comes down to how often he can fold that damn J!

Without reads I would just call, but if you think hes unlikely to see a river with just a pair, raise it up.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:11 AM

this really looks like a blocking bet, but i really want to see a river with the turn card and dont wanna get shoved on. Id call and play river accordingly.

I dont think the a or q of hearts would change the hand except for the fact that if he checks the river we can actually bluff when we miss, but on a dry board like in the hand we cant.

In the origional hand if we didnt turn a flushdraw I would raise because his hand is a block bet so much of the time.