Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF

Old 11-28-2007, 06:40 AM

Default Re: San Francisco Bay Area: Your favorite things to do or places to go

I just showed Dad around san francisco. This is what we did:

1. We went to the Ferry Building.

I was interested in sampling as many cheeses as possible at the Cowgirl Creamery, but Cheryl, Dad's girlfriend, wanted to look at stupid trinkets. I got no cheese.

wtf

Had lunch at The Slanted Door .

Got jicama/grapefruit salad (+), Pho bo (~), some chicken soup thing (~+) for premeal warmup.

Then got shaking beef (++), some seafood thing on hard noodles (+), five-spice chicken (++), and flank steak(+). Weird order awards go to Dad and Cheryl. Guess which. Also guess who got stuck with the $120 bill.

After that, Cheryl had hinted that she wanted to go shopping. We decided to go to Union Square but that's not what she meant. She wanted quaint shops, not Macy's.

So we took her to Haight after she passed on visiting North Beach and <u>Citylights Books</u>.

I stopped into Amoeba to get ahold of myself and ended up buying 5 jazz albums.

When I found them, she had bought a sweet Grateful Dead tank for her daughter, who had requested a pipe. She bought nothing for her son but considered a snowglobe of san francisco because he facetiously specifically asked for one. Another hour or so shopping and walking around and we're out.

After Haight, my energy is draining but we still have much to do. We go across the <u>golden gate bridge</u> and look from the vista on the other side. Dad comments about how he hasn't heard a lick of English at the vista, and the sky is clear blue and fogless.

We can see Alcatraz and the city (not "'frisco").

It was dark but we went to <u> Lombard Street </u> anyway. There was a ridiculous line built up so we took a parallel street and cut in front of all of them at the top of the hill. The lights of the city were amazing.

That was awesome.

We ended the night with a trip to Pier 39. said whassup to the seals that we could hear but not see, and got a breadbowl of chowda. Surprisingly mediocre, possible result of recent oil spill.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:28 AM

Default Re: Your favorite things to do or places to go: San Francisco Bay Are

[ QUOTE ]
hey does anyone know of a good brunch/breakfast place in palo alto?

[/ QUOTE ]

Zibbibo's on weekends.