Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: Would OOT enjoy an "ask me" thread about lesbians?
yes 9 9.89%
YES 82 90.11%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Re: who does tOSU play in the title game?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hawaii, Kansas, and tOSU are the three you have to choose from. How can you pick a two loss team over a one loss team or an undefeated team?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if my Boilers played Lafayette High School every week and went undefeated, they'd still be way worse than a 3-loss Florida team that played a brutal schedule. You're basically encouraging every team to play an easy schedule, resulting in a completely unentertaining CFB season where 38 teams go undefeated.

My God, some of you people are dense. SOS is super important.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

those are some magic ice cubes
Old 12-02-2007, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Bingo. USC's losses are to a horrible, horrible team on a flukey fade pass,

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that the only play of the game? Perhaps if USC was better then they couldn't be beaten by a flukey fade pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

USC, statistically, dominated Stanford in every aspect of the game. They got their drives killed on interceptions that, honestly, I don't remember. One TD for Stanford was on a return of one of those INTs. I'd say pretty much the entire game was the downside of variance for USC. Their only other loss was to a healthy (meaning, Dixon played) Oregon team that probably would be in the National Title game had he not gone down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't Turnovers a big stat that dictates most games. They lost that one 5-1.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:32 AM

true, but name a year when that was not the case
Old 12-02-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Hawaii wins their game tonight, they should be in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. As I posted in the other thread, Hawaii has one less loss and a more impressive best victory(Boise St was ranked higher than Michigan) than OSU...why is Ohio St getting the nod?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that's a ridiculously oversimplistic view of strength of schedule, accomplishment, and team strength? How about that OSU crushed most teams all year, while Hawaii had a very hard time with many very weak teams? And that OSU played a much harder (though overall still weak) schedule?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't think Hawaii has played enough tough teams, then put them in the title game against a tough team. That way, either way we'll know for sure. But if Hawaii doesn't get in, then we could have another Boise St situation where we truly don't know if they were the best team or not. Why would you rather not find out than find out if Hawaii is for real? I could understand your argument if there were many other deserving teams, but theres not so lets give the undefeated team a chance and see what happens. What happened to Boise St last year was a tragedy imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
great idea. lets encourage teams to make the easiest schedules possible because going undefeated against west endover community college and itt tech will guarantee a spot in the national championship. this will do wonders for college football

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh.....so you're saying that you don't think Hawaii has played enough tough opponents. Ok, I agree with you there. But...

my solution is to give them the toughest possible opponent(which would be against the other top team in the NT game) and find out.

Your solution is to give them an easier opponent in a lesser bowl.

That makes no sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

All everyone's saying is that it isn't MNF and no one wants to watch an OU/USC/LSU/UF slaughter Hawaii 42-14 in a championship game. It's just not enjoyable viewing fare.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not arguing for what is the most entertaining game though. Are you?
Old 12-02-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. As I posted in the other thread, Hawaii has one less loss and a more impressive best victory(Boise St was ranked higher than Michigan) than OSU...why is Ohio St getting the nod?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that's a ridiculously oversimplistic view of strength of schedule, accomplishment, and team strength? How about that OSU crushed most teams all year, while Hawaii had a very hard time with many very weak teams? And that OSU played a much harder (though overall still weak) schedule?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't think Hawaii has played enough tough teams, then put them in the title game against a tough team. That way, either way we'll know for sure. But if Hawaii doesn't get in, then we could have another Boise St situation where we truly don't know if they were the best team or not. Why would you rather not find out than find out if Hawaii is for real? I could understand your argument if there were many other deserving teams, but theres not so lets give the undefeated team a chance and see what happens. What happened to Boise St last year was a tragedy imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
great idea. lets encourage teams to make the easiest schedules possible because going undefeated against west endover community college and itt tech will guarantee a spot in the national championship. this will do wonders for college football

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh.....so you're saying that you don't think Hawaii has played enough tough opponents. Ok, I agree with you there. But...

my solution is to give them the toughest possible opponent(which would be against the other top team in the NT game) and find out.

[/ QUOTE ]
so you give them the national championship game. in the next few years every mid major school in the country makes the softest schedules they possibly can so they have a shot at going undefeated and can get into the national title game. eventually the national title is contested every year between two undefeated mid major teams that played cake schedules because apparently the only requirement is to go undefeated. brilliant

21-0 first quarter btw

[/ QUOTE ]

No, in most years they wouldn't get the NT game because most years there are two more deserving teams. Therefore I don't think it would be a problem. Moreover, can't your same argument be applied against Ohio St? I fail to see much of a difference. Look at Oh St's out of conference schedule. The only reason Ohio St is in is because they were higher in the preseason polls which is complete BS.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't arguing anything. Not that they are the best team, not that they are the most deserving team, not that they would be a competitive team. Simply, you are arguing only that "undefeated = right to be in title game regardless" which is obviously absurd.

[ QUOTE ]
I went to UGA, so I naturally want to see them in the championship. Outside of that, they're the only team in the top ten that hasn't lost in the last two months, which is about a good a justification as any team has to be in the game.

But yes, my decision is based primarily on bias.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFTruthiness

For the first time, I think I like the old system better than the BCS. That's really bad, considering how much I hate the old system.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, if it was somehow possible to make them play like Oklahoma next week for the CHANCE to play in the National Championship, then what you are saying might make some sense. But you are saying that in order to find out if they deserve to go to the National Championship Game, we should put them in the National Championship Game. That is not a good idea, unless you want EVERY team to start scheduling like Hawaii does. Get ready for UCF vs. Central Michigan for the NC next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're kinda understanding me, but I'm not saying that exactly. I'm saying that in order to find out if they're deserving of the national championship(the trophy, not the game) then we have to put them in the game.

I don't think being in the game is anything special. IMO theres no difference from finishing #2(NT game loser) and finishing 10th....nobody really remembers either. All I care about is finding #1.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't arguing anything. Not that they are the best team, not that they are the most deserving team, not that they would be a competitive team. Simply, you are arguing only that "undefeated = right to be in title game regardless" which is obviously absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am arguing for the game in which is most likely to give us a clear cut national champ. After all, isn't that the goal?

If Hawaii is not in the game and they win their bowl game and a two loss two beats Ohio St, then I would say we failed to get a clear cut national champ.

Obviously "clear cut" is relative, as without a playoff we'll never get it, but I believe that my way accomplishes it the best.