Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 05-10-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: OESD on a mono flop

I got to thinking about this a little further. If we are raising T8s from the CO what is our goal? Mostly it is to pick up the blinds, buy the button, and get to maximize our positional by playing a raised pot. If we know the CO is going to raise us light doesn't the benefits of raising hands like this in the CO become nullified?
Old 05-10-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got to thinking about this a little further. If we are raising T8s from the CO what is our goal? Mostly it is to pick up the blinds, buy the button, and get to maximize our positional by playing a raised pot. If we know the CO is going to raise us light doesn't the benefits of raising hands like this in the CO become nullified?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you know you are getting reraised a lot, then yeah you lose a lot of the value of raising these types of hands, I didn't have that info, and from playing on the table a while after this hand, nothing changed in my view of that

as for the hand

I checked he bet $10, I c/rd to $28 he shoved pretty quickly, I thought for a couple seconds then folded
Old 05-10-2007, 05:34 PM

Just curious - is it really much of a leak to call this preflop?

If he is tight pf (say PFR < 6) he often has a very solid hand here...AQs+ JJ+

And he is c-betting here pretty much every time

So 5$ more for a guaranteed 20$ pot, and likely a 3/4ths pot bet after you check the flop...

So between 6:1 and 8:1 on your money, and you can likely stack him if you flop something lucky.

Unless a player has been min reraising like this frequently, I call the 5$ most of the time with the intention of busting an overpair.

That said, I think you can wait for a better flop. It is marginal, but even if one of the flop cards wasnt a heart, I'd play back.

Mono flop I fold.

Is my line of thought wrong here? Is this a leak?

*edit*

And to take this a step further - is there a site where you can determine your % chance to flop ahead of another hand? I know there are plenty of places that will calc your odds to the river, but I have no idea how to estimate what % of the time a suited 1-gapper hits a playable flop (say 8+ outs or ahead of an overpair)
Old 05-10-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious - is it really much of a leak to call this preflop?

If he is tight pf (say PFR < 6) he often has a very solid hand here...AQs+ JJ+

And he is c-betting here pretty much every time

So 5$ more for a guaranteed 20$ pot, and likely a 3/4ths pot bet after you check the flop...

So between 6:1 and 8:1 on your money, and you can likely stack him if you flop something lucky.

Unless a player has been min reraising like this frequently, I call the 5$ most of the time with the intention of busting an overpair.

That said, I think you can wait for a better flop. It is marginal, but even if one of the flop cards wasnt a heart, I'd play back.

Mono flop I fold.

Is my line of thought wrong here? Is this a leak?

*edit*

And to take this a step further - is there a site where you can determine your % chance to flop ahead of another hand? I know there are plenty of places that will calc your odds to the river, but I have no idea how to estimate what % of the time a suited 1-gapper hits a playable flop (say 8+ outs or ahead of an overpair)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a huge problem with the call of the raise. You are getting pretty decent odds on a call.

My point was the original flop raise could be bad if we know that he is reraising us light. In that case raising is the worst play. I would think calling would be more profitable as it gives you better implied odds and an increased chance that the pot will be multiway.