Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 05-02-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Flop C/R Semibluff

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is fine if done rarely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. More than that, You HAVE to do it (rarely), to stop villian trampling you.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you don't. Do you really think anyone in the world is going to be scared because OMG they CALLED ME with 65s. You don't scare people by calling their raises OOP. You scare them by being aggressive aka raising.

You are giving the guy position and a better hand throughout. I would love playing Phil Ivey if his strategy was to just cold call me OOP with weakish hands.

In a 50c - 1 game I think there is no room for this play and it's pretty much completely indefensible.

btw of course the flop play is fine.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:49 PM

Curtains, villain had T7o; it looks like 65s isn't really far behind his range in this case as bottomset correctly estimated.

Furthermore, by calling his 3bet and checkraiseshoving flop we are overrepping our hand so that he instacalls with sets and 2 pr (obv), calls with KK+ and big draws, probably calls with QQ, but folds pretty much everything else I'd think.

Unless he realizes that bottomset will do that light and then it becomes a shovefest from then on, but that's not the case yet.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Curtains, villain had T7o; it looks like 65s isn't really far behind his range in this case as bottomset correctly estimated.

Furthermore, by calling his 3bet and checkraiseshoving flop we are overrepping our hand so that he instacalls with sets and 2 pr (obv), calls with KK+ and big draws, probably calls with QQ, but folds pretty much everything else I'd think.

Unless he realizes that bottomset will do that light and then it becomes a shovefest from then on, but that's not the case yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but even so, having 65s OOP is almost impossible to play well after putting in 10% of your stack. Thats why I think that if you do decide to play the hand, you should reraise.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The first statement is a bit results-oriented. I know he told us that he has been reraising him a lot, but I didn't personally think that a lot means he had been doing it with T7.

In order for this play to work(calling the flop with the intention of using a CRAI to push him off a hand) I think you need to expect him to lay down his hand or end up with the showdown a high percentage of the time. I would include math but it is 5 pm and it's time for me to go home. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2007, 02:00 AM

The results are important in this hand as it shows bottomset's read on villain was correct (I stole this from mynameizgreg's famous thread).
Old 05-05-2007, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The results are important in this hand as it shows bottomset's read on villain was correct (I stole this from mynameizgreg's famous thread).

[/ QUOTE ]

yea but based on his read I believe he made the wrong play. Even if you know the guy is a bit nutty, this is just a terrible spot for a hand like 65s.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:23 AM

I did some math for you, to make this profitable he has to lay down slightly above 40% of his hands. That's a lot in this spot...