Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 02:05 AM

Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em Volume 1 Review Thread

[ QUOTE ]
You're right of course. I suck at poker and give horrible examples. My bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez binions. I think you of all people would understand how a guy with 61 posts is obviously a much better poker player that you or any pair of 2+2's authors.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:14 AM

Default Post deleted by Ryan Beal

Old 08-02-2007, 05:46 AM

I ordered the book last week on amazon and it's still not shipped... I can't wait to get it and probably will read it from start to end without sleep or food (ok, maybe some crisps and a beer).
Can anyone tell me if there is trouble with the distribution or amazon.com?

Thanks
Old 08-02-2007, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez binions. I think you of all people would understand how a guy with 61 posts is obviously a much better poker player that you or any pair of 2+2's authors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker is just one of those subjects (like politics) that some noobs feel comfortable BS'ing on. Plus, if they turn out to suck at poker, you can blame bad luck and variance.

This is really turning out to be a great book, BTW.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:30 AM

isnt the quickest way to get this book by ordering from the twoplustwo.com websight at this point?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:42 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
isnt the quickest way to get this book by ordering from the twoplustwo.com websight at this point?

[/ QUOTE ]

Conjelco or professionalpoker.com, is lightning quick.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Here's a compilation from M3dude. First he says raising with hands that build top pair to make commitment easier postflop is disappointing advice.

Then he says if you do commit with top pair/overpair on the flop and someone raises, you should get away from it.

Then when I give the example of committing with top pair (AQ on Q rag board) and getting raised, I reraise and he says the hand plays itself and there is nothing to even consider.

LMAO

m3dude
stranger
Reged: 07/28/07
Re: Professional No-Limit Hold 'em Volume 1 Review Thread [Re: 7n7] #11467084 - 07/31/07 03:26 PM

"from what ive read it seems like your recommending players to just raise big preflop so anytime u hit top pair u dont ever have to consider folding. basically play in a a manner which creates lower ev, but is easier. i find that pretty disappointing from a 2p2 book."

m3dude
stranger
Re: Professional No-Limit Hold 'em Volume 1 Review Thread [Re: 7n7] #11467853 - 07/31/07 04:05 PM

"friend: If you raise more so the spr is something like 4, you bet, get raised all-in and you have a no-brainer decision. KK overpair getting 3-1 to call all-in.

sounds like they are recommending exactly what i inferred, and i think thats a very bad way to approach poker. raising more cuts down their implied odds, but i fail to see how information matters since your just auto committing yourself. one thing that might be worth considering is, if you raise so big and bet the flop and get raised it might be easier to fold because a good villian is unlikely to raise with worse when your so committed."

m3dude
stranger
Re: Professional No-Limit Hold 'em Volume 1 Review Thread [Re: Sunny Mehta (coltrane)] #11485843 - 08/01/07 04:36 PM

"this hand plays itself.....this is never a tough decision, theres nothing to even consider. i feel spr is just a fancy name for such a basic concept that pretty much everyone who wins already uses even if they dont call it spr, and its disappointing u focused half of a poker book around something so basic."
Old 08-02-2007, 08:45 AM

Guys, please keep it on topic. We are very fortunate to have the authors here to discuss this new book and it's concepts with us. We shouldn't litter their thread with flaming and such.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And here are a couple of gems from tightymcfish:

tightymcfish
journeyman
Reged: 02/05/07
OT: Need money on Absolute Poker
#9866006 - 04/06/07 08:54 AM

"I am completely busto on all sites and need money on all absolute. I am willing to try other forms of transfers like paypal or anything else you guys have in mine. PM me if you are willing."

tightymcfish
journeyman
Reged: 02/05/07
OT: Pokerstars declining Visa gift cards?
#11182165 - 07/13/07 12:01 PM

I usually use visa gift cards to fun my pokerstars account but today they are being declined. Is this something new?
Old 08-02-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I ordered the book last week on amazon and it's still not shipped... I can't wait to get it and probably will read it from start to end without sleep or food (ok, maybe some crisps and a beer).
Can anyone tell me if there is trouble with the distribution or amazon.com?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I first placed an order on Amazon.ca, and then Amazon.com, but both had my shipping date in september, so i cancelled them and bought it on professionalpoker.com instead.