Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 07:41 PM

Default AA vs predictable stone

$0.50/$1.00

Button ($20.65) 8.4/4.8/2.14 - 227 hands
UTG+1 ($38.25) (Hero)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>,

Button calls,

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( 4.75BB )
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls,

I dont raise flop becouse I wanne exploid his tendency to overplay big pocets.
He looks at stone and his PFR (esspecialy 3 bet) is very narrow. I assume he has JJ+ (possibly TT+), AK+.
After he raised me at flop I assume he has JJ+ but more like QQ+.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( 6.75BB )
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls,

Here I wanna exploid his overaggressive play big pocets and have plan to maximaze pot so I play donk with intend to 3bet.
My donk looks like weak AKo UI or weaker hand like middle pocet pair. Also he can think that I piced up FD at turn and will more liklu to raise me at turn.

Ok. Plan works.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( 14.75BB )
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls,

Here just c/c or bet/call?

Final Pot: 17.9BB
Old 11-14-2007, 07:52 PM

Default Re: AA vs predictable stone

This a pretty weird hand. What does he have? AA, KK? His 2.24 AF with his tight VPIP looks like he will wait patiently for a hand and then won't let go, or overplays it when he gets one.

I would have 3bet the flop (or capped it if possible)...As played, I would call the turn raise and check/call the river. I dunno, is not three betting the turn here a bit weak, because MAYBE we are up against tens?
Old 11-14-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My donk looks like weak AKo UI or weaker hand like middle pocet pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
The donk may look like an AKo or AKs, but it does NEVER look like a middle pocket pair because you capped preflop.

He's probably putting you on QQ+ or AK.

And then, given the turn action, I'm only putting him on either KK or TT, one of which you beat, the other you lose to...
If you don't think TT is in his 3-betting range, go ahead and raise again, else call as played...

Personally I'd have panicked after his turn cap, fearing tens, so I'd c/c the river, but if you're fearless, go ahead and punish his KK with a b/r or c/r... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He looks at stone and his PFR (esspecialy 3 bet) is very narrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I don't know what stone means, because this makes no sense and I can't change it to any words to make it make sense.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I don't know what stone means, because this makes no sense and I can't change it to any words to make it make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aaron, this is esoteric, jedi poker read. The common TAG is not meant to understand this. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This a pretty weird hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
The occasional triple-donk is a good way to throw off your opponent (especially if he has an idea about how you play), but it makes hand-reading hell.

This IS played in an unorthodox manner, but it doesn't really strike me as bad play.
Only the third donk here is questionable, given the turn cap...
Old 11-14-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps he's talking about the "raising rock"??? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aaron I appreciate every time you response to our micro-limit posts but can you poit what is incorrect with my thinking process?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:12 PM

This thread is locked (OziBattler)
Old 11-14-2007, 08:29 PM

why would I lockit? r u stoned? lolz

FWIW this is almost exactly the case AA, KK or TT from this sort of player. For this to be TT he needs to have finally grown a pair preflop from his usual nitty standards.

JJ whilst I dont hate the way you played it it is true that you are out of tempo. The standard play on the turn once you dont 3 ball the flop is to CR. Unless you have a read that this guy overplays his premium hand because he sat there patiently folding then you dont know that he will give further action unless he flops good. His AF is 2+ but he plays so few hands that you might expect it to be higher if he really was prone to overplay KK in this sort of spot.

did you have any real read on this guy?...after 200+ stats you should at least have some notes if these arent datamined.