Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Re: QTs Live

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SB bet out on the flop into 4 people, including the preflop raiser. This represents top pair or better a large portion of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't a typical player. He doesn't take small bets seriously, nor should we take him very seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are you getting this from?

Here's the description in the OP:

[ QUOTE ]
SB(loose PF and shows down marg stuff)calls

[/ QUOTE ]

Says nothing about his aggression.

b
Old 09-05-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so if we check the turn, and SB bets a nothing river, we're folding?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not exactly sure your question proves that because our action depends heavily on the other two players. I see no problem checking the turn and calling the river if everyone else bails.

Because of the Pf and flop raises the pot is big. If the turn checks around the SB may be tempted to bet a lot because you've backed off. Once the other two players fold, I think you basically have to call almost no matter what the river was because you're gettin ghuge pot odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if you're calling the river, which you may have to do even if SB bets and another calls, you may as well bet the turn just in case your hand is good at that point. This isn't the spot to take the free card when the other players are likely the ones to need the free card more than you.

b
Old 09-05-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bernie,

Given the read, my guess is that he's showing down any pair and could have any 1 pair hand here. Probably likes to gamble it up on early/cheap streets and takes extra bets on big streets seriously, but tends to just showdown his crap when it has a 1 in 100 shot of winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except nothing was said about his aggression standards postflop.

[ QUOTE ]
That said, no way we can fold here, so I'm putting in an extra bet somewhere to give me an extra shot at winning the pot and put a little doubt in the heads of my opponents because I'm the table squeezer. Given the flop action, I think the turn is the spot to do it. It won't happen often, but I think we get someone else to fold a hand as strong as Jx often enough to have value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of agree. I like the turn bet to get out overcards. Then, if needed, take the free showdown. The hand really isn't strong enough to check this turn through against this many players. HU I might see a check.

I don't see Jx folding here. Not with this crowd. They don't play Jx just to hit top pair and fold.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

The quotes you mention above are from Fnord, not Frond. Frond never said anything about SB other than they showed down a few marginal hands.

For the record, I kinda like the turn bet even though I'm pretty sure we're behind. I don't think I could stomach giving a free card here and then losing if the river gave me two pair or a set.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One nice but maniacal guy is raising and 3 betting blind PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barring more information, I'm not taking a flop bet from this guy very seriously.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Barring more information, I'm not taking a flop bet from this guy very seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

what about when you figure out that not who we're talking about?
Old 09-05-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Opps.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bernie,

Given the read, my guess is that he's showing down any pair and could have any 1 pair hand here. Probably likes to gamble it up on early/cheap streets and takes extra bets on big streets seriously, but tends to just showdown his crap when it has a 1 in 100 shot of winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except nothing was said about his aggression standards postflop.

[ QUOTE ]
That said, no way we can fold here, so I'm putting in an extra bet somewhere to give me an extra shot at winning the pot and put a little doubt in the heads of my opponents because I'm the table squeezer. Given the flop action, I think the turn is the spot to do it. It won't happen often, but I think we get someone else to fold a hand as strong as Jx often enough to have value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of agree. I like the turn bet to get out overcards. Then, if needed, take the free showdown. The hand really isn't strong enough to check this turn through against this many players. HU I might see a check.

I don't see Jx folding here. Not with this crowd. They don't play Jx just to hit top pair and fold.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

The quotes you mention above are from Fnord, not Frond. Frond never said anything about SB other than they showed down a few marginal hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know.

Which is why I was asking where he got the player description from. I was wondering where his read for postflop aggression came from.

b
Old 09-05-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Opps.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I've done that plenty of times myself.

b
Old 10-17-2007, 04:55 PM

I check behind on the river