Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 02:51 PM

Default I hate doods w/ greasy hair, tinted glasses and wearing a tight shirt

5-10 9-handed live at Bellagio. I have a solid imagine, shown down good hands and have been playing pretty TAG. Villain 1 has been pretty nitty and really hasnt gotten involved with any pots. Villain 2 has been extremely LAG Preflop, has an extreme swagger about him, talks alot, wears tinted glasses, greasy hair, sports a tight shirt, and has grossly large arms --- and also has played very aggressive/solid postflop, and the deck has been hitting him all night.

So on to the hand...

Effective stacks
Hero ($1750)
Villain 1($1700)
Villain 2($4500)

Villain 1 limps from UTG+1.
Two limpers from middle position.
Villain 2 limps from button.
SB completes.
Hero makes it $80 to go in the BB with 99.
Villain 1 then re-pops it to $180.
Villain 2 after long thought calls $180 from button.
I call the extra $100.

Flop: 876 rainbow.

I check. Villain 1 now checks(??). Villain 2 now says "you are now giving me a free card to Villain 1, no no no, and fires out a $500 chip".

Hero shoves?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Re: I hate doods w/ greasy hair, tinted glasses and wearing a tight shirt

Take a good 2-3 minutes, then look at the greasy Villain 2, and tell him "you won't call cuz you're just a wannabe punk.. I mean.. look at you!!".... and very slowly both hands shove your whole stack in the middle and keep looking at him challenging him to call or fold like a pussy.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: I hate doods w/ greasy hair, tinted glasses and wearing a tight shirt

haha..
Old 08-28-2007, 03:18 PM

gambool obviously.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:21 PM

If you shove and he calls, do you ask to run it twice before turning the cards over?
Old 08-28-2007, 03:32 PM

You take the free flop with 5 other people in. Your 9s arent a favorite in this position. You cant raise because you will be playing a mid pair out for position against any number of oponents. after you come in for 8x the big blind and get raised by a tight player utg and then get a cold caller your 9s are dog food if you dont hit a 9 on the flop you are dead. you put in $180 when you could have just checekd and seen a free flop that is not bad for your hand and not put yourself in that position to be all in with a semi good hand.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:38 PM

Ok I understand PF wasnt particularly great. However, Villain 2 was calling super loose PF and when he overcalled the UTG limp/raise bet, I instantly put him on a low PP. I was certainly looking for a 9 on the flop, but this was a very interesting flop. In any case, I planned on check folding to Villain 1, but then he checked behind me. He was playing veryyy nitty and so I was 99% sure he had AK there after 678 flop and no c-bet. When Villain 2 bet pot, I wasnt entirely sure what to make of it. Could have been a steal to anything from 22-77.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:40 PM

pf is standard.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: I hate doods w/ greasy hair, tinted glasses and wearing a tight sh

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I understand PF wasnt particularly great. However, Villain 2 was calling super loose PF and when he overcalled the UTG limp/raise bet, I instantly put him on a low PP. I was certainly looking for a 9 on the flop, but this was a very interesting flop. In any case, I planned on check folding to Villain 1, but then he checked behind me. He was playing veryyy nitty and so I was 99% sure he had AK there after 678 flop and no c-bet. When Villain 2 bet pot, I wasnt entirely sure what to make of it. Could have been a steal to anything from 22-77.

[/ QUOTE ]

preflop is fine, and so is this flop line.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Re: I hate doods w/ greasy hair, tinted glasses and wearing a tight sh

This is clearly not a steal. I really doubt the guy is throwing a brick with that kind of action. The all in isnt a bad move, the pot is huge now and you really have to call and hope you arent against a set. Your problem is you created a huge perflop pot out of position with 9s.