Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Sticking up for Dealers

[ QUOTE ]
Confronting this sort of player at the table doesn't make it easier for the dealer. That doesn't mean you should ignore this though. Consider walking over to a nearby floorperson and let them know that you are offended by this players actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt that confronting him was wrong because you never want to start arguing at the table, but I couldnt just ignore his stupidity. I didnt think about calling the floor at the time, but it sounds like a good idea. The dealer thanked me for saying something and told me the guy is always a douche bag when he is losing.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:32 PM

If the dealer was over the age of 12, I think you should have just let it go. They're big boys (and girls) and can handle listening to some guy rant a bit when he's lost a pot. There's no reason to escalate a situation. Sometimes if there's a real dick I'll slip a dealer an extra dollar and sort of shrug towards the [censored]. As long as its just ranting I don't see why you should get involved.

Obviously if it escalates, and it becomes more than ranting about cards (personal attacks, threats, racist comments, sexist comments, etc.) either speak up or get the floor.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:54 PM

Normally when I get crap like this, I just shrug it off. Some retard crybaby loses to a runner runner and can't handle it, then oh well.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:45 PM

Sounds like a good nut-kicking is in order here. Square in the nuts. Kudos to you for sticking up for the dealer, they take enough abuse as it is. The floor could have put an end to this quickly, but someone would have to alert them if they were busy elsewhere. I wouldn't tolerate it, that's fer shur.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:16 AM

It really is a no-win situation. The dealer appreciates you trying to have his back and help the game run smoother, but it can add confrontation and make the situation worse as the jerkface just gets more upset.

Case by case basis. If you think saying something will help the game, do it. If you think keeping quiet and letting it blow over will help the game, do that. From my experience, keeping quiet is usually the way to go. But you are the best person to judge the circumstances developing at your table.