Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 06:06 AM

Default Pokemon Games

I figured there should be a thread in the video games forum somewhat about the games and the general thoughts, but mostly because Nintendo just makes so much money of it and a new one just came out. I think this might be Nintendo's best selling franchise. I am not sure of this, just going off the fact that its always on the top selling video games charts in the back of video game magazines. I used to be into this when I was 14. By the way yes its that damn old that I was a minor when this thing first hit the U.S. Anyway my 2 little nephews and my 2 little nieces really enjoy the games and they have all bought the games. I ended up buying one because EB Games wouldnt give my little nephew the pen holder unless you got both and he wanted the pen holder pretty damn badly, so when I bought both games for him I got stuck with the version he didnt want. I have diamond. Its a fun RPG and it brings back memories. Its gotten insanely complex apprently because its not just catching whatever little dude, there is some more crap. Anyway I am currently playing the game because I am too much of a cheap ass not to. I thought I would play for a bit and get bored, but I got hooked on the damn thing. I have put like 40 hours into it so far. I had not played a pokemon game in years so this was definately unexpected.

How do others feel about these games? Shocked this thing has lasted this long? Hate them for lasting this long? Like them?
Old 05-01-2007, 08:00 AM

Default Re: Pokemon Games

lol, im gonna go ahead and venture a crazy guess that oh, some guy named super mario has done better than the pokemon. i played well over 500 hours of various pokemon gameboy games though, def more than i spent playing the mario games. i was really into it for a while playing all the tourneys and stuff.. i bought a ds like a month ago, and just picked up the new pokemon game, i havent played it yet and prob wont like it much cuz i dno im a lil grown out of it, but who knows, could be a neat lil diversion.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:51 PM

Yeah I ordered Diamond on Amazon last Sunday because I'd be lol embarassed to buy it in a store and I'm getting pissed off that it isn't here yet. I'm probably going to give in and grab it at Costco if it isn't here by Thursday.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:03 PM

I bought pearl. It's pretty spectacular almost beat it in under 2 weeks. And yea i'm 20.