Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Why aren't I the voluptuous black lady?
Because I'm a douche 31 26.27%
Because I'm stupid 24 20.34%
Because I don't like +EV 63 53.39%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 05:28 AM

Default Re: FutureDoc, Look inside.....[CENSORED] THREAD! [CENSORED] THREAD!

noodle you have some hands on me, i'll have one of those by the end of the month
Old 11-08-2007, 05:37 AM

I just ended my session due to tilt, but at least two Full Tilt Pros sat at my 5/10 9-max table.

Kenny Tran came by for an orbit and played like 50/11/0.8. He bet small with 75o on a K73 flop, someone "sucked out" with 95s, he said "nice call on the flop" and then left like a sissy.

Huck Seed limps a lot. And does not like to fold preflop. Next time he limps I'm gonna make it like 15xBB to go and I'm pretty sure he will call.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Huck Seed limps a lot. And does not like to fold preflop. Next time he limps I'm gonna make it like 15xBB to go and I'm pretty sure he will call.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao
Old 11-08-2007, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys don't get it. i just ran really hot. fgator's has the same [censored] going on in his graph. the more i play the less money im going to make etc. eventually i'll be counting profit via fpps etc.

it's all statistics, fluctuations and variations that confuse you into thinking ur a winning player

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean this very sincerely. There is a reason I only pay attention to my years long hourly rate average. It's cause it's the only one that holds up. Even when I'm a golden god making a gizzilain dollers in a month, I know by years end it will be $50ish/hour.

Thats fine though. I'm 40 yo and $50/hour is probably double the best I ever did at a "real" job working for someone else. I'm playing a [censored] game, in my sweats, unshaven, unshowered half the time, and making enough to support my whole family. If I can keep that going, thats a nice outcome.

For the vast majority of those of us that can make money at poker, we will never get "rich" from it. I wish it was different sometimes, but it is what it is, and I'm ok with it.

Steve
Old 11-08-2007, 05:49 AM

These kids want to be Partick Antonious so bad that they don't realize how great it would be just to be Lacky.

Also, I think you left the fanny pack and wildlife themed shirt out of the description.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:54 AM

i guess all my griping is me realzing im not going to do what i want with poker. ill end up at some miserable job just like my parents and everyone around me did/are.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:13 AM

Lacky, I have great respect for you and your game.

I think the difference is that some of us are 20-22 years old and are seeing these thousands of dollars and are making $50+ an hour and are thinking (rightfully so i hope) that if we are this young and have only been playing poker this seriously for a couple of years (or less) that we have a big ceiling above us that we can potentially get to.

We are trying to work on our games and at times it doesn't seem like we are really improving or making more money and we are frustrated because we see this great opportunity for 'financial freedom' and to not have to get real jobs when we graduate college.

For me personally, I understand that I have made more money for the last year or so then most adults and even college graduates make in a year but I am still frustrated because I think I can be making more then I am currently making.

I don't think there is anyone who would say that a college kid making $50+ an hour is doing badly, but when we see that we can be making more it is frustrating to be making 'just 50' or 'just x' .

Perhaps we are just spoiled, but I don't think thats it. I think we know that most of us are capable of making more money then we are currently making and are having a frustrating time getting there.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:24 AM

even if we do get "there" what are we going to have that is going to give us an edge over the ppl that were "there" long before us. and what do they have that we don't etc etc etc etc. it goes on and on
Old 11-08-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
even if we do get "there" what are we going to have that is going to give us an edge over the ppl that were "there" long before us. and what do they have that we don't etc etc etc etc. it goes on and on

[/ QUOTE ]

you just have to be smarter / work harder / study more then they do.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you have to make sure youre better than they are? you can be a winning player at every level without being the single best. the people that were there before you took the time to get there, and theyll either be playing well there or have moved on. they have the time, determination, and will power to work through messing hands up and downswings to learn, rebuild, and recooperate, to get "there".

edit: amost people have the same potential to become a winning player, but most people cannot hack the emotional and psychological aspect to this game when push comes to shove, and thats why most dont make it.

that and bad bankroll management.
Closed Thread