Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Another .50/.50 live omaha hand

effective stacks ~300
Hero posts live (1), couple of limpers, a loose-aggressive player from late position makes it 7 after the limpers (pot sized raise), its late in the evening already so people pot and call preflop frequently just to try to sweeten the pot. LP gets 4 callers, hero calls aswell with A6K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Pot is 35, flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I would describe everyone in the pot at this point loose, three of the loose players are also "bluffhappy" (SB MP and LP) who like to put pressure and could also call light/light draws to bluff/valuetown later in the hand. Flop is checked around sadly.
Pot is 35, turn is (A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks hero leads for 7, an overvalueing type of loose guy from BB (likes to fight with Hero and mentions it) makes it 14, MP laughs a bit, looks at his hand and throws in 14, SB makes it 60. Hero calls (?), BB calls, MP laughs again and says "How can I fold this??" indicating he has a good hand but might have basically any sort of draw or made hand and then folds.
Pot is 215, river is (A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB pauses for 10 seconds, counting chips and eyeing hero and BB still involved in the hand, then leads out for 180. Hero ... calls? raises? .. folds? SB has hero covered and hero has around 70 after calling the 180. BB only has about 60-70 left at this point. Should hero fold turn? bet more on turn?
Old 08-15-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Another .50/.50 live omaha hand

I would bet more on turn. The only hands you worry about are 22 and a2. Against a2 you have 9 outs on river. Versus 22, well you cant fold if you fh on river. I put SB on a2 with that river bet. has BB already called river bet? If so shove is fine. If not then I call hoping for overcall.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:43 PM

You have an ace, other person has an ace, third person has?
Clearly 22. Unless you *honestly* think he chases flush draws after a bet and a raise on a paired board.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:47 PM

At this level, they most assuredly chase flush draws to the river on that board. It is somewhat likely that you are looking at 22, though I would also put the villian on A2 or simply Ax.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:53 PM

I will lead the flop a lot of the time here.

Given the heinous amount of action on the turn (I'm guessing one guy had some sort of double straight flush draw), I don't think you're up against quads. Call on the turn is fine at the time. I don't think SB has quads on the river but just A2 and figures (rightly) he will be called by worse, though I would still just call. Alright, I guess you got $70 more for a pot of $600-odd so I would shove but it's kinda close and you may want money to get back home with.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:44 AM

i lead flop
i call turn
i certanly call river

i dont belive he may repot turn with quads
if he do, i cry.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:04 PM

Wouldn't this be the sweetest easiest spot ever to valuetown the three people betting/raising/cold calling raises with 22 on turn? Atleast two guys have the ace here and aren't going to anywhere. I mean its just so sweet spot NOT TO slowplay quads.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:03 AM

yes you are right
but dont you call? : )
Old 08-17-2007, 01:09 PM

I have no idea really what I would have done as the hero in the hand, I was the sb with the 22. I was mainly interested in what people think about situation like this especially this deep. The way I would have played as the hero would have probably altered the situations on every street so Its hard to say. But the amount of action going on on the turn indicates there are two aces already out there and since there are THREE people betting/raising someone is raising/betting with something else than an ace.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:44 PM

I think I raise turn and shove river as played. I expect one guy to declare he has a straight.