Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 05:43 AM

Default NL50 top 2pair villian calls check-raise.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $59.50
BB: $105.80
UTG: $48.85
CO: $50.55
BTN: $10.40

Reads: <font color="blue">Villian is 51/10/1.3 and generally calls too often.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.50, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB checks

Flop: ($1.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $1.50</font>, CO calls $1.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.50</font>, BB folds, CO calls $6.00

Turn: ($18) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero??
Old 08-09-2007, 05:46 AM

Default Re: NL50 top 2pair villian calls check-raise.

if he calls too often, why wouldn't you bet?
Old 08-09-2007, 05:49 AM

lead the flop for sure
Old 08-09-2007, 06:57 AM

Flop:
Leading out in first position will make everyone fold very often. I prefer to have them put some money in before they fold. Also, the "likes to call" usually really kicks in once they put in money on a street already.

Turn:
Please note that the pot is quite big already and any substantial action on the turn will get us to be commited pretty fast. Is this what we want?

Is there a plan for the rest of the hand that doesn't give villian control over our commitment?
Old 08-09-2007, 01:40 PM

reads behind c-r? don't like it cold.

top two is still good until further notice. bet but be prepared to reassess if raised.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:01 PM

yeah I'd probably bet like 12-&gt;15 here. don't really like checking because your giving him a lot of control over the pot whether you realize it or not (If he has a very good hand he'll bet, one pair type he's more likely to check. Since he's not very aggro I don't really like check/calling then leading the river (your pot stuck+he's going to have a very good hand a large % of the time if you do that line).

I'd even rather bet/call all in than check/call lead and have to call all in when he pushes fwiw.

Check/raise check raise is kinda cool but I wouldn't do it on the 9 specifically and this board kinda sucks for super fancy crap with no history.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:02 PM

trigg I think whether you can lead or have to check/call depends a lot on whether you ever bluff in BB in limped pots. I know I definitely bluff here and I get called pretty damn light in general so I don't have any problems leading. (Bluff in BB, I don't bluff on that board tho).
Old 08-09-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah I'd probably bet like 12-&gt;15 here. don't really like checking because your giving him a lot of control over the pot whether you realize it or not (If he has a very good hand he'll bet, one pair type he's more likely to check. Since he's not very aggro I don't really like check/calling then leading the river (your pot stuck+he's going to have a very good hand a large % of the time if you do that line).

I'd even rather bet/call all in than check/call lead and have to call all in when he pushes fwiw.

Check/raise check raise is kinda cool but I wouldn't do it on the 9 specifically and this board kinda sucks for super fancy crap with no history.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was really lost on the turn and unsure if I should put in a bet and how much this would commit me but I was tired and thought maybe I want to put everything in with top two. Going back and forth like this in my head I then decided that it's probably close and that I would just get the money in and think about the hand later. So once I decided that the money is going in I thought a second check/raise was best and proceeded to do that. Ofc he showed QJo.

I now think my check/raise on the flop was probably the cause for this mess as it got the pot too big but not big enough too early in the hand.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:38 PM

yeah trig really think you took the worst line possible. This guy is passive meaning he's unlikely to fire the turn when you check without either a big hand or complete air. There aren't a lot of normal two pair hands you beat except T4 and K4 (weird, lol, but he is pretty bad?). Even on a KT8 board your play is better cuz he could have 97 and be too stupid to check it back when you check. He's not going to bet/call all in with his air on the turn.

My prefered line on this board and that turn would probably be bet/fold turn..River I dunno...

Check/raising the flop isn't bad as long as a [censored] 9 doesn't hit the turn. Any other card is a ton better (even an A). So hard to get away when ur beat when the 9 hits.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:41 PM

If he calls too much, just keep pounding him, from beginning to end. C/r'ing this board if you're not looking to get committed to the pot and stack off just seems unwise.