Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 04:06 PM

Default NL25 - middle pair line check

Villian is 35/2/1

EverestPoker Game #1775609309: Table Muscat-14 - $0.15/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 09:44:12 - 2007/07/08
Seat 1: SB ($23.55)
Seat 3: BB ($11.35)
Seat 4: UTG ($20.70)
Seat 5: Hero ($28.75)
Seat 6: Button ($7.20)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero[9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, Button folds, SB calls $0.85, BB folds.

*** FLOP *** ($2.15) [9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.70</font>, SB calls $1.70.

*** TURN *** ($5.55) [9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
SB checks, Hero checks.

*** RIVER *** ($5.55) [9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
<font color="red">SB bets $3.35</font>, Hero calls $3.35.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: NL25 - middle pair line check

I'd probably bet a little less on the flop, like $1.50, but that's really just personal preference. I like checking behind on the turn, not a good board or villain to double-barrel. The river call seems iffy to me. I think I would probably fold. I think he has us beat with a queen, or something like JT, pretty often.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:14 PM

I think the turn check is all right.

The river card sucks enough that I would probably fold to the bet (in addition to the hands that already had you beat, every flopped straight draw just pulled ahead of you). Or maybe I wouldn't, but I don't see anything we're beating besides a medium/low PP and, like, A4s/54s or an OOP air or ace-high float.

Edit: I do think the river decision depends in part on the image you think you have, though. For me, I think the call would be bad, but it might be okay if you have a LAGgier image than I tend to (which would encourage loose flop peels).
Old 07-08-2007, 04:29 PM

My image was probably pretty laggy although I played only like 22/18 at the table. The whole table was 35+ VPIP donks who never raise preflop so I was the only one raising all the time.

I'm pretty sure my question has been answered by you two guys but just in case someone else wants to comment:

From an image perspective I was pretty sure the call was OK but I'm interested in opinions regarding the cards/ranges. In other words, am I ahead of someone who plays any two cards that look good and has pretty random post-flop actions as well?
Old 07-08-2007, 06:32 PM

I bet/fold the turn; check/behind river.

Villain could have a better 9, any Q, JT, a PP. If he calls 2 streets I'd narrow that to a better 9 or a Q.

As played, I fold the river. I think you just got drawn out on and/or were never ahead.