Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Re: saddest movie you\'ve ever seen

[ QUOTE ]

It's a Wonderful Life.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny someone put this, because I almost did before I realized it's supposed to be a happy movie, not sad (to most people).

I guess you and I have the same problems.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Click

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT!!

The movie tricks you too. Its advertised as some slapstick Adam Sandler comedy and then it turns into one of the most depressing movies you can watch. The worst part is that whenever you mention it to anybody who hasnt seen it, they look at you like you are an idiot.

Once they watch it though, they agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read this thread solely to see if anyone would say Click. I don't particularly like Adam Sandler and I didn't think this movie looked interesting at all when it first came out. After watching it, I was in shock at how the entire theatre was crying.. and the humor in it is pretty hilarious at parts as well.

Click, in my opinion, is the most underrated movie of all time.. if you haven't seen it, you'll never understand. I think it's Sandler's best movie by far and no movie I've ever seen has been as sad to me. Definitely give this movie a shot, even if you think "Adam Sandler sux, lolz"

[/ QUOTE ]

Click ftw, if only because you're not expecting it.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:06 AM

An older movie I watched a few years ago and haven't seen since that was pretty sad is Freaks.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:56 PM

Da. Its a film about coming to terms with the death of your father with Martin SHeen.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Click

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT!!

The movie tricks you too. Its advertised as some slapstick Adam Sandler comedy and then it turns into one of the most depressing movies you can watch. The worst part is that whenever you mention it to anybody who hasnt seen it, they look at you like you are an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read this thread solely to see if anyone would say Click. I don't particularly like Adam Sandler and I didn't think this movie looked interesting at all when it first came out. After watching it, I was in shock at how the entire theatre was crying.. and the humor in it is pretty hilarious at parts as well.

Click, in my opinion, is the most underrated movie of all time.. if you haven't seen it, you'll never understand. I think it's Sandler's best movie by far and no movie I've ever seen has been as sad to me. Definitely give this movie a shot, even if you think "Adam Sandler sux, lolz"

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I watched it, I thought I was in for some lighthearted bday movie fun. It left me bawling like a baby. I do see the looks of people who haven't seen it when I say it is sad, and the word "idiot" sums it up. Wait til they see it.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Click

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I watched it, I thought I was in for some lighthearted bday movie fun. It left me bawling like a baby. I do see the looks of people who haven't seen it when I say it is sad, and the word "idiot" sums it up. Wait til they see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, it was on the movie channel at my school and I was in a [censored] mood and even though I dont like the typical Adam Sandler movies, I figured it would at least cheer me up a little bit. No, not at all.

However, I do agree that it is a very good movie. I just dont really understand why it was marketed the way it was.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:54 AM

Blow
Life is Beautiful
Old 07-02-2007, 05:51 AM

40 Year Old Virgin, when Steve Carell wouldn't sleep with that smokin hot chick just because she threw up on him.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Grave of the Fireflies
I give this answer every month when this same thread pops up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent one and maybe I agree on that one too. Also strongly in the running is My Life as a Dog, but it's so hilarious that sometimes the real depth of sadness in it can be almost glossed over. And, again, it's one centered on kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, saddest movie of all time for me. Though I haven't seen Grave of the Fireflies. I tear up whenever there are mom/sad moments in movies now I think because of MLAAD. Like in The Waterboy when he is on the big screen and says "I love my mama" and it goes he loves his mama... ya I shed a little tear.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:06 AM

eight below (the dogs die)

perfect storm (everyone dies)

the lion king (mufasa)

john Q!!!

Ghost

My girl (bees what the f)

Bridge to terabitha (still cant believe she died)

pay it foward - haley joel osmith

i always thought castaway was pretty sad too