Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2006, 11:37 AM

Default Queens tough spot

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (10.70 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

River: (22.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25.70 BB

This was a tough hand on a Limit with very loose players. MP limp raises me Preflop. I have seen limp raises on this limit with A4o before, but also with AKo, sometimes with Aces, but rarely.
I flop the second nuts with a Set of Queens. Cap is standard. On the Turn MP donks me and I decide to call this down, but then BB starts going crazy and everything gets out of control. My Set of Queens was just too hard to laydown for me here. Asuming one of my opponents as Aces or Kings I should fold my hand here, as I would be drawing to 1 out.
What do you think. Laydown after MP 3-Bet on the turn?
Old 12-03-2006, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Queens tough spot

Cap preflop. Raise the turn the first time. Call the river.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cap preflop. Raise the turn the first time. Call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-03-2006, 04:28 PM

The non-cap preflop was just a misclick.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:44 PM

As played I'm tempted to fold the turn for 3 cold. You're probably winning or drawing live against BB but MP looks a lot like AA and BB either has a straight or is tainting your boat outs (and MP probably is also tainting your boat outs if he doesn't have AA).
Old 12-03-2006, 05:02 PM

This is a gigantic pot, and I would certainly have a lot of trouble laying down a set of Q's on any of the streets. However, I do think that the argument about the tainted boat outs makes sense - that's something I would not have considered in the playing of this hand.

I know that I'm making a crying call here, scratching my head over it, and posting it here to help ease the second-guessing that would be going on in my head.
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Can calling down two raisers with a set against a scary board be classified as spewing? I don't think so.

- Spike
Old 12-03-2006, 05:21 PM

The Problem in this hand is I am drawing dead to AA, but live to straights and two pairs. Thus it is so hard to laydown this hand in such a big pot. I think I could have layn down my hand after the three bet on the Turn as my costs for this hand exploded there. Still hard though.

Are you interested in the results?
Old 12-03-2006, 11:07 PM

if you don't win/lose big in set over set hands, then you are doing something wrong.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:30 AM

I think I am raising the turn as there are so few hands that actually ahead of you. I mean, MP could have AK or AQ, which are just as likely AA or KK given the PF L/RR. I see more stupid hands than AA in this spot. Also, there are many more combos of AK or AQ than AA.

The call on the river is fine, this pot is huge but it I think you are ahead enough.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you don't win/lose big in set over set hands, then you are doing something wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be that as it may, this isn't an excuse not to play poker just because you flopped a set.