Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Is not believing in gay rights biggoted?

How hypocritical is it that these PC police people use the term bigoted.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would support a civil union but not gay marriage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? How does it affect you? Hell if it wasn't for the gay hairdressers, florist, fashion designers, and wedding planners. No one would be able to get married.

And with the divorce rate....Heteros sure know how to do marriage right the first time!

It is about love...Being able to marry the person I love regardless of their gender. It is about being able to make decisions together. Together...Not this Seperate but Equal [censored].

It is about doing what you know is right. Not what that scary pink haired bitch on JesusTV tells you is right.

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2007, 06:04 AM

no offense but i know that a penis going into a vagina is right and I dont need anyone to tell me that.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no offense but i know that a penis going into a vagina is right and I dont need anyone to tell me that.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that mean? Are you saying by default that two men having sex isn't 'right'? Who are we to judge the biology of others? To me - that's like saying people with freckles aren't right.

In an earlier post you mention that gay people make a 'conscious choice' to be gay. So I take it you believe that they aren't born gay? That at some point in their life they decide to turn gay? If that's the case - I couldn't disagree more.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:37 AM

i am against gay marriage in the way that i'm against all marriage recognized by the government. marriage is a religious thing and shouldn't be involved in government imo. you should have to get married through a church. of course civil unions would be available to all, homosexual and heterosexual couples, in order to get the benefits and get something down on paper for other reasons.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i am against gay marriage in the way that i'm against all marriage recognized by the government. marriage is a religious thing and shouldn't be involved in government imo. you should have to get married through a church. of course civil unions would be available to all, homosexual and heterosexual couples, in order to get the benefits and get something down on paper for other reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was just about to post this.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Marriage benefits discriminate against single people. Civil unions won't change that.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Both are frowned upon by many who are not in said "segment of society", and therefore, logically following, if the homosexual segment is to receive the same treatment as the hetero segment, what makes the polygamist segment bad? M+F = M+M = F+F = M+F+F.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we have laws that say men and women should be treated equally (to overly generalize). If you want to break it into a math equation

M = F (in terms of rights)
Therefore M + F = M + M = F + F

Polygamy changes the math
M + F =/= M + F + F so long as M & F are not 0.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Both are frowned upon by many who are not in said "segment of society", and therefore, logically following, if the homosexual segment is to receive the same treatment as the hetero segment, what makes the polygamist segment bad? M+F = M+M = F+F = M+F+F.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we have laws that say men and women should be treated equally (to overly generalize). If you want to break it into a math equation

[/ QUOTE ]

-edwood
i hope that was an attempt at a joke because it doesn't make any sense.

Personally, anyone that doesn't support either:

-no legally recognized version of marriage. Basically let people create their social units and allow them to contract together however they may.

or

-gay marriage, polygamous marriage.... basically anything involving consenting adults legally recognized.

is most likely a bigot or naive. they appear to be the only two logically consistent solutions and they both allow gay people to be gay just as "equally" as they allow straight people to be straight. it seriously crazy to think there is something intrinsically dangerous about letting two guys partner. similarly with a guy and 3 or 4 girls.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-edwood
i hope that was an attempt at a joke because it doesn't make any sense.

Personally, anyone that doesn't support either:

-no legally recognized version of marriage. Basically let people create their social units and allow them to contract together however they may.

or

-gay marriage, polygamous marriage.... basically anything involving consenting adults legally recognized.

is most likely a bigot or naive. they appear to be the only two logically consistent solutions and they both allow gay people to be gay just as "equally" as they allow straight people to be straight. it seriously crazy to think there is something intrinsically dangerous about letting two guys partner. similarly with a guy and 3 or 4 girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, it is either no one has the opportunity for marraige, or "anything goes between consenting adults" as our only options? if you dont agree to that you are a bigot? get real.
Closed Thread