Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Nut pair+FD

Not sure my flop donk serves much purpose. As played what's the plan for the turn, and if you see it, the river?

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (2.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero???
Old 11-08-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Nut pair+FD

We have got a reasonable hand on the turn and villain could call with else than a K here. I think we have to bet this flop cause I think it is too weak to c/f or c/c. If we get raised we could fold on the flop.
The turn: Just bet out. If we just check we do not know where we are and we could be vulnerable to a bluff. If he raises the we can fold for sure and if he calls we can hope to spike the river.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:56 PM

assuming villain is a standard LP dude you can definitely bet the turn for value. he is continuing with any pair any draw and we are ahead of that range.

river would be c/c to induce a bluff or b/f depending on villain

I think c/r flop is best vs most villains, very bluff friendly board
Old 11-08-2007, 01:01 PM

I would have c/c the flop here. I donk out a lot on this flop for value/hand protection, but I assume this guys UTG limping range is a little stronger than a CO or button limp, and should have more Kx in it.

as played I would go ahead and c/c the turn and c/c any non 2 or 7 river, in which case I'd c/r.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:17 PM

I like donking the flop. It keeps the pot small and your OOP. It protects your hand against a lone diamond and charges him to draw. I think you should bet the turn for sure. I'm trying to think of difference river scenerios and how to handle them and most seem to be coming up c/c. This would be a good hand to stove, but i don't have it in front of me.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:20 PM

I'd c/c the flop. If you bet you dont give him a chance to bet with 4 outs. All the hands you want to protect from are betting anyway. Alternatively you could c/r the flop. Not sure which is best.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:50 PM

I agree with those checking the flop. If we check/called the flop are we check/calling down on this turn?

As played I check/called the turn and donk/folded a 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] river, thoughts?
Old 11-08-2007, 06:54 PM

I still like a turn bet but reads would help here. ie will he ever take the free card

good river play
Old 11-09-2007, 12:17 AM

I don't see anything wrong with the flop donk tbh. There are plenty of tiny diamonds that we want to fold and you aren't guaranteed such a nasty flop will be bet.

The turn c/c is ok i think. he prob charges himself to draw 80% of the time and the pot is small enough that it would suck to be raised.