Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would You Give Up Poker For True Love?
yes 293 72.35%
no 112 27.65%
Voters: 405. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2007, 02:06 AM

Default Re: **2007 AFC South Thread**

Week 1 in review:

Houston @ Kansas City 20-3
The Texans looked better then in previous years, but that's not saying a large amount. With the play of their division rivals, the Texan's test lies ahead.

Tennessee @ Jacksonville 13-10
Oh my. Neither team really seemed to win this game as much as they each lost it less. Both teams had holes, but the TEN running game seemed very strong while JAX's D, seemling it's constant backbone, wasn't able to do much to stop them. It's still early however, plenty of time to right the ship

New Orleans @ Indianapolis 10-41
Not much to say here, the Colts beat the Saints in every aspect of the game and their defense, usually their achilles heel, played better than ever, despite the loss of 5 members. Certainly the crown isn't weighing too heavy, and this spells trouble for anyone looking to dethron the champs.

Cody
Old 09-10-2007, 08:02 PM

I agree with pretty much everything Cody. You just forgot that "jesus christ" is going to be MVP, Offensive PLayer of the year, defensive player of the year and the first ever repeat rookie of the year.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:36 PM

I just want to note that there is about 1% chance that this weekend's game is not blacked out. That 1% is if Wayne Weaver buys the tickets, because I don't see anyway the team sells out. Damnit, if Vick was still with the Falcons this is an easy sell out, that stupid son of a bitch.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:42 PM

Oh and a few funny things from today's Ask Vic:

[ QUOTE ]
Adrian from Guildford, UK: Can you share your thoughts on the incident with the Patriots and their sideline camera? How does this stand on the scale of NFL dishonesty, compared to piped-in crowd noise?
Vic: I’d put piped-in crowd noise at 1a. and stealing defensive signals at 1b.

[/ QUOTE ]

And my favorite, and it's true I hear.

[ QUOTE ]
Abe from Ypsilanti, MI: Do the Jaguars tape or record opposing team signals like the Patriots were suspected to have done on Sunday?
Vic: No, but they have video of Bill Polian turning up the volume on a speaker.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is official, both the Pats and Colts are cheating. Colts are fixing their problem though, they are moving out of the RCA dome. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Adrian from Guildford, UK: Can you share your thoughts on the incident with the Patriots and their sideline camera? How does this stand on the scale of NFL dishonesty, compared to piped-in crowd noise?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Abe from Ypsilanti, MI: Do the Jaguars tape or record opposing team signals like the Patriots were suspected to have done on Sunday?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is official, both the Pats and Colts are cheating. Colts are fixing their problem though, they are moving out of the RCA dome. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah we're moving accross the street, but to be fair LOS has big windows on either end, and I have it on good authority that we're going to import glare from the sun to mess with opposing QBs.
This won't affect Manning though, sense I'm pretty sure he gets his power from that same sun.

Cody
Old 09-12-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You always like to tell us that Vic is unbiased and knowledgeable, but this stuff just makes him look petty and partisan, even if it is tongue in cheek.

The NFL stated after the Pittsburgh allegations that there was no evidence of the Colts pumping in noise. Maybe if the Jags could avoid a blackout by means other than putting tarps over seats or buying their own tickets then they would understand what kind of noise a full stadium of good fans cheering for a world class team can make.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:53 PM

Old 09-12-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The NFL stated after the Pittsburgh allegations that there was no evidence of the Colts pumping in noise. Maybe if the Jags could avoid a blackout by means other than putting tarps over seats or buying their own tickets then they would understand what kind of noise a full stadium of good fans cheering for a world class team can make.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also forgot to mention the fact that the Colts have been the only team ever to win the AFC South and also are the defending superbowl champs. I think that is about all the low blows that are left, oh wait, I guess there is also the Colts record vs the Jags since the creation of the AFC South.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

BTW, this ends my ragging on the Colts. I never meant anything malicious, sorry.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You always like to tell us that Vic is unbiased and knowledgeable, but this stuff just makes him look petty and partisan, even if it is tongue in cheek.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chill Noodle, we've got the rings and a clean bill from the NFL, don't twist the knife. We play them twice, there will be plenty of time for that.

Cody
Old 09-12-2007, 11:36 PM

Vic is a fairly PC guy. He's also a Buffalo guy who has known Bill Polian for a long time. I don't think he has an agenda.