Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: N.C. State beats North Carolina

[ QUOTE ]
Could the announcers have stuffed Hansborough's "will" down our throats anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. Especially awesome was "You can double-team his game, but you can't double-team his will!" I mean, seriously, WTF?
Old 02-03-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we have a few problems MCS:

(2) roy really screwed the pooch in this game. i am SO tired of wes miller getting playing time. it was a cute story, he works hard, but let's end it now. and reyshawn terry is just not a bright, motivated player (his nickname's "radio") and i wish he would just leave the team, we'd be better for it.

(3) tyler is SLOW. he doesn't have a midrange game. i know he's trying to showcase it for the NBA, but it's just not there. i actually think he's really hurt his draft stock with some of this crap this year. he's also not getting the foul calls he should, which doesn't help either.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a freshman-heavy team with no true leaders. I'm still not sure why everyone was hanging on Tyler's jock for POTY honors...maybe just lack of overall talent in the NCAA's.

Having said that, bump in the road. By the end of the year, with a full season under the belt, they're still probably the most talented team in the nation. (I'm a Duke grad, and I'll call it like it is). I really don't give us much of a chance Wednesday, especially after Roy's Boys are coming off a loss.

I've always wondered if having too much talent (going >10 deep) winds up hurting teams due to lack of chemistry. UNC had the same issue in 94--probably one of the best teams, but they could stink it up.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Could the announcers have stuffed Hansborough's "will" down our throats anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. Especially awesome was "You can double-team his game, but you can't double-team his will!" I mean, seriously, WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's jimmy dykes. they should send him back out to do the west coast games where he belongs.