Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2007, 08:41 PM

Default $10HUSNG--What do you put him on?

Reads: pretty passive, may be aggro becuase i've been taking a lot of pots down by being aggressive and w/o show down..dont nkow though, this is only the 15th or so hand. his style seems random...min raises/3x raises OOP and on the button.

Full Tilt Poker, $10 + $0.50 NL Hold'em Sit n' Go, 10/20 Blinds, 2 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: 1,160
Hero (SB): 1,840

Pre-Flop: (30) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
Hero calls 10, BB checks

Flop: (40) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets 40</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to 120</font>, BB calls 80

Turn: (280) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets 280</font>, Hero calls 280

River: (840) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets 740 and is All-In</font>, Hero ???
Old 11-30-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: $10HUSNG--What do you put him on?

This really really looks like a flush, I fold turn. The only thing going against this read is that you said he was passive and may check a FD on the flop.

Maybe a random A8/A3 type hand... but this really looks like a flush... and definitely isn't a hand you can beat. You only beat a bluff, and passive players do not 2-barrel ever. Fold turn. I'm not sure about the merits of calling vs. raising the flop... actually I probably lead for 40 instead of c/ring.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: $10HUSNG--What do you put him on?

It looks a lot more like A8/A9 to me than a flush. I would say the average villain would tend to go for a check/raise after hitting the flush on the turn. The turn lead looks more like he is trying to protect his hand against a bad river card, rather than an attempt to get value out of his flush.

As played, RAISE PREFLOP. Flop raise is standard. Turn call is tough and I think calling is pretty spewy against opponents that aren't going to ever slow down on the river, so reads are extremely helpful here. River you have to give up without a solid read.