Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 12:14 AM

Default 25NL:Top set-draws hit

Villains are both around 50/25 > 40ish hands, but not extremely relevant to this situation. I know the turn K puts me behind with outs and one street to go...

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $44.85
CO: $24.95
BTN: $16.10
SB: $23.95
BB: $7.15

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, CO calls $0.85, BTN folds, SB calls $0.75, BB folds

Flop: ($2.80) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, CO calls $2, SB calls $1.75

Turn: ($8.80) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.25</font>, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.25</font>, SB calls $2, Hero ...

This is an obvious call and hope for a board pair right? Should I have played differently anywhere up to this point?
Old 11-10-2007, 12:17 AM

Default Re: 25NL:Top set-draws hit

Raise more on the flop.

You have to call, you're getting odds to fill up.

If they underbet the river like this again I'd probably call that too, barring another club or a Q/9 hitting.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:17 AM

Raise more on the flop, and raise his donkish turn bet.

As played it really sucks but I don't think we can 3-bet on this turn. Hope to fill up on the river and get the money in I guess.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raise his donkish turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO this bet could be to induce a raise. If I were HU it would be different, but c/c turn seems as my only option. At this point I'm trying to control the size of the pot and it's very unlikely neither player missed clubs or a straight. I dont think raising to represent a flush is a smart idea either in case someone does have clubs. If I raise the donkish turn bet that opens the door for the player behind me to bump me out of calling for my outs on the next street.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As played it really sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you suggesting I get my money in when I know I'm behind? I should have raised more on the flop, but I don't think its wise to get my money in when there are nearly a dozen hands that beat me on the turn (89/Q9/AQ/any flush)
Old 11-10-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise his donkish turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO this bet could be to induce a raise. If I were HU it would be different, but c/c turn seems as my only option. At this point I'm trying to control the size of the pot and it's very unlikely neither player missed clubs or a straight. I dont think raising to represent a flush is a smart idea either in case someone does have clubs. If I raise the donkish turn bet that opens the door for the player behind me to bump me out of calling for my outs on the next street.

[/ QUOTE ]

It could also mean a dozen other things. When someone leads tiny like this on a flushing turn I don't immediately think "he has a the flush and is looking to get raised". A lame blocking bet with top-pair, it could mean an Axc hand looking for a cheap river, it could be middle pair or some garbage like that. Raise here.. not too big but definitely raise for value. Anyway, villains like these aren't going to 3-bet you big if they have a flush and will probably minraise or something giving you a chance to boat up.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:43 AM

Cream I think you're ignoring the fact there's a player behind me who suspicously called my $2 flop raise. I raise = opens the door to re-raise = no longer have odds to see river.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cream I think you're ignoring the fact there's a player behind me who suspicously called my $2 flop raise. I raise = opens the door to re-raise = no longer have odds to see river.

[/ QUOTE ]

which is one of the reasons why you shouldve raise the flop more. i would say a mindonkbet=draw a lot, if not most, of the time. we should raise it up to 3+ on this flop, taxing the draws as much as possible