Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 05:24 AM

Default 50 NL: AJo UTG raise, MP calls, CO minreraises

Beginning of a 50NL session, no info/stats on players.

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $50.45
MP: $55.40
CO: $43.85
BTN: $51.70
SB: $76.60
BB: $41.90

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
Hero raises to $2, MP calls $2, CO raises to $3.50, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero calls $1.50</font>, MP calls $1.50

I read CO's minreraise as a sign of big strength, putting him on AA KK QQ AK AQ and maybe a few more (JJ?, TT?).

I am not happy with a flatcaller and a reraise behind me, but would you consider folding here AJo 6 handed for an extra $1.50?

Flop: ($11.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, MP folds, CO calls $5

I thought I had to bet half pot to find out where I am, and probably fold to a raise. C/R seems too expensive, betting more seemed too dangerous, betting less seemed too weak. Opinions?

Turn: ($21.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero checks</font>, CO bets $3, <font color="red">Hero calls $3</font>

Bad card for me. I checked with the intention of calling if given the right odds, which I think happened.

River: ($27.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero checks</font>, CO bets $3, <font color="red">Hero calls $3</font>

Another bad card for me. According to the range I put him on pf, at this point AQ was the only hand I had beaten, and now it makes a straight. Can I possibly do anything different here than c/c the $3 bet?
Old 11-09-2007, 05:28 AM

Default Re: 50 NL: AJo UTG raise, MP calls, CO minreraises

Sometimes these things happen. Basically the hand seems fine to me. Checking the flop and going from there is another option (and FWIW, just because you check doesn't mean you have to checkraise -- you're allowed to call instead).

The board keeps getting worse, but folding the turn or river for $3 seems crazy to me. I mean, the range you assigned to Villain preflop is probably a bit narrow, although I agree that that 3-bet forces some postflop caution on your part.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:39 AM

I hate, hate playing AJ OOP and i am very happy to take down the pot preflop. Fold.

As played, bet more on the flop. You bet here for value and protection, not for information. Raising small for information is stupid, sorry. Now you invested $5 and don't know more.

bet/fold turn, check/call river. Be happy that CO is retarded, any thinking player might push you off the hand when you check the turn and show weakness again.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate, hate playing AJ OOP <font color="green"> in a 3bet pot </font> and i am very happy to take down the pot preflop. Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

as played i c/c flop, giving up to any reasonable strength on the turn
Old 11-09-2007, 05:56 AM

Against an unknown or tight villain I'd fold AJ to a minraise OOP. I would peel a flop off with AJs, looking for a big hand or draw.

uh, villain looks like an idiot and I don't know what to say about postflop. It'd be so hard to fold for $3 in a &gt;$20 pot even if you're sure to be beat.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:24 AM

Results: $33.25 Pot ($1.55 Rake)
Hero mucked J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and LOST (-$14.50 NET)
CO showed A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and WON $31.70 (+$17.20 NET)

Thanks all.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:28 AM

Im folding pf, c/c-ing flop, and c/f-ing turn and river to any normal size bet. However I couldnt fold to those stupid 3 dollar bets even though Im probably behind.