Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 07:37 PM

Default 50nl: lol miniraiseaments

villain has been crushing me and has shown two big bluffs, (c/r'd the river AI when i bluffed a missed draw with a pair of threes among other things). I mini raised to induce a bluff shove, and get all other aces and maybe some two pair hands to tag along...it also allows me to get it in with like a half pot sized bet on the river....thoguhts?

oh yeah, villain is like 35/24, but it's a smallish sample size (75 hands or so).

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $57.25
MP: $16.15
Hero (CO): $50
BTN: $70.20
SB: $49.50
BB: $95.70

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $6</font>, Hero calls $3

Turn: ($15.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $8</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16</font>
Old 10-28-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: 50nl: lol miniraiseaments

bump
Old 10-28-2007, 11:06 PM

I dont think there is usually too much of a justification for min raising. Just make a normal raise. I would definitely be 3 bet/shoving this flop btw. As played though, plus just shove turn, I dont understand the reasoning for all of these min bets. If anyone semi decent is playing against you then your hand is face up after taking this line. I guess its kinda face up with a flop 3 bet as well, but youre also protecting your hand against any random draws. If you really want to pull the stack a donk though, like I said before, make sure you raise much bigger on the turn.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:07 PM

i'd prefer calling again here, letting him bet river or forcing him to call with a mediocre hand on river when you bet/shove if he checks

seems like this line just blatantly screams "i want more money in the pot"
minraise bluffs are not very common especially after bet/calling a raise on the previous street with a board like this.