Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 12:19 AM

Default Re: Official Full TIlt Regulars Thread: Part II

[ QUOTE ]
Gnomeontilt is the biggest winner over any sizable amount of hands i have in my databasee, which still isn't all that many hands...very aggressive player, overly aggressive at times .....

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got gnomeonetilt for about 300 hands in my PT. He's playing 19/16/4 with a 6 BB/100 win rate. That being said, you can pick your spots on him if you have a good read. Look at the hand below.

*** Gnomeontilt is the BTN in this hand

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $43.75
BB: $104.10
UTG: $33.35
MP: $32.65
Hero (CO): $50.95
BTN: $59.95

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, BTN calls $2.25, 2 folds, UTG calls $1.75

Flop: ($7.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $7.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $22.00</font>, UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $48.70</font>, BTN calls $26.70

Turn: ($104.90) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($104.90) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $104.90 ($3 Rake)

BTN had J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Jacks) and LOST (-$50.95)
Hero had Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Queens) and WON (+$50.95)

Basically I stacked him with an overpair due to the fact that I played back at him on some of the prior hands, and his aggressiveness got the better of him, IMO. In general, he's too good of a player to get involved this deeply with TP but I think this hand was a good example that he will step outside of his game if he's faced with repeated aggression.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I moved up to FT 50NL late last month...I've logged 20-25k hands so far this month, rofplum701 is the screen name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 776 hands at nl25 running 15/12/3 and 1021 hands at nl50 at 16/15/3.1. I like the change in stats for nl50.

Looks like your running hot over this sample. However your two biggest lost pots (35 and 16 (nice hand)) are suckouts. I havnt noticed you at the tables but your looking gd in PT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hennerz, I think we've played a bit at NL30, but haven't tangled much as far as I can remember.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah not me.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dunno if anyone's done this yet, but heres from my summary section (7,144 players in database):

i know bor_venin is a 2p2er

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. you're not even in my DB (7974 players 183k hands) and I have bor_venin down a buyin over 750 hands playing 22/17/2.

Could you post the summary for most hands played please?
Old 09-22-2007, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just found this thread, sick, I'll start contributing my thoughts ASAP, but anyone have any notes on me, UFGatorGuy? I was playing well/running well at 25max for a while, moved up to 50 max and didn't do as well so I'm back at 25max for a bit. Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]
I only remember seeing you at the tables, I think we never actually played a hand.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:13 AM

Clowntable, I've got 740 hands against you and I've got you at 18/12/3. The 3 aggression is good but your aggression by street is 5.1/1.7/1.2. The flop is good, maybe a tad high, but the turn could be a little higher, maybe a 3. River could be a 2 but with only 740 hands, its probably just my sample size.

One thing I have seen though is that you're more than willing to stack off with top pair. One factor though could be that I like your table selection a lot and it always seems to be that I find you at the tables with th 50+ VPIP money bags, so you're trying to adjust to the table. Gotta watch that though because not everyone at those tables is crazy. Here are a few hands to show what I'm talking about.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $42.40
BB: $42.30
UTG: $112.85
Clowntable: $52.00
CO collected: $73.75

Preflop: is dealt (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2.00</font>, Clowntable calls $2.00, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $3.50</font>, Clowntable calls $3.50

Turn: ($11.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $5.00</font>, <font color="red">Clowntable raises to $12.00</font>, UTG calls $7.00

River: ($35.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Clowntable bets $20.00</font>, UTG calls $20.00

Pot Size: $75.75 ($2 Rake)

Clowntable had A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ([Ad Kd] a pair of Aces) and Won 75.75

In this hand, the opponents hand doesn;t show for some reason, but I'm really not sure what you beat here. AK was a loser to AQ, AJ, A10, A9, QJ, K10, Sets, etc. Villain must have had KQ or KJ. It was obviously not a flush draw situation either. Either way you bet real hard into a hand where you weren't beating much and got away with overplaying TPTK.

Another hand...
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

**** Clowntable is the BB in this hand
SB: $49.50
Clowntable: $50.75
UTG: $118.15
MP: $197.75
CO: $56.00
Hero (BTN): $97.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.00</font>, MP calls $1.00, 3 folds, <font color="red">Clowntable raises to $4.25</font>, UTG calls $3.25, MP folds

Flop: ($9.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Clowntable bets $6.00</font>, UTG calls $6.00

Turn: ($21.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Clowntable bets $15.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $30.00</font>, <font color="red">Clowntable raises all-in to $40.50</font>, UTG calls $10.50

River: ($102.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $102.75 ($3 Rake)

Clowntable had K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Jacks) and WON (+$49.00)
UTG had Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Queens and Jacks) and LOST (-$50.75)

Again, a VERY risky board to be going all in with TPTK, but luckily ran into a worse hand. The opponent in this hand was 70/23/3, so I understand the read, but thats still a tough hand to go all in on.

I haven't seen you get caught on that one yet, the majority of the hands I have for you have been fairly dry. On the hands where you flop top pair, but think you're behind, you tend to call down, and not define your opponents hand, even if it costs you a big river bet. I think I'd define the hand a little earlier, and I think this is where the a little higher turn aggression might be useful. Look at the next hand as a good example:

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $134.75
BB: $44.05
Hero (UTG): $59.70
Clowntable: $49.75
BTN: $49.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
Hero folds, <font color="red">Clowntable raises to $2.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($6) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, Clowntable checks

Turn: ($6) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $4.25</font>, Clowntable calls $4.25, SB folds

River: ($14.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $11.00</font>, Clowntable calls $11.00

Pot Size: $36.50 ($1.80 Rake)

BB had K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings) and WON (+$17.45)
Clowntable had J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-$17.25)

Not a huge lose but I have this opponent at 20/14/2 over 500+ hands. That big river bet was likely to beat TPGK, but as played, they never had to define their hand. IMO a re-raise on the river would have cost less than $11 an you would have known where you were. A re-raise to $12 would have probably provided clarity and saved $3 as well as provided some measure of fold equity, although unlikely in this case. Calling the turn made a $14 pot and betting the additional $8 (over the $4 you called) would have been good value and provided clarity there.

Of course, this is all my opinion so please take with a grain of salt.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:30 AM

IM A HUGE NEWB! FEARRRR! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

azocarbo u play nuts sometimes, other than that if i sense ur not on tilt. i respect ur game, somewhat. ;p
Old 09-22-2007, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Clowntable, ...

Not a huge lose but I have this opponent at 20/14/2 over 500+ hands. That big river bet was likely to beat TPGK, but as played, they never had to define their hand. IMO a re-raise on TURN would have cost less than $11 an you would have known where you were. A re-raise to $12 would have probably provided clarity and saved $3 as well as provided some measure of fold equity, although unlikely in this case. Calling the turn made a $14 pot and betting the additional $8 (over the $4 you called) would have been good value and provided clarity there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant to say "TURN" instead of river in that one spot. WOuld have edited but my max edit time expired.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:45 AM

Lostit, that was awesome. Thanks a lot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I just stacked off with TPTK on a horrible push were I looked at the notes I had on the guy AFTER that push and could have smacked myself.
Notes said "doesn't raise cbets with combo draws, only cbet raises seen have been sets or better"
Unfortunately my hand had already outplayed my brain because I instathought...ah he could play a draw like that. *g*

I completely agree that I play the turn too passive often and completely agree that that KJ hand was played horribly.

As far as the stats go:
18/12/3 is close to the real stats which are 20/15/3, AFs are 5.25/3.07/1.96 (I have been actively working on increasing the turn/river agression)

But yeah your thoughts are pretty much spot on [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 10:46 AM

I played with saaaamuraiCH today, which one of you guys is that?

lol @ saying you folded JJ (i had 97s in that hand btw)
Old 09-22-2007, 10:56 AM

i just looked at my stats and saw

"gnomeontilt" is runnig at almost 40B/100 on 50NL over 4.2k hands. 820$ Amount won ...

sick ... playing 20/17 .... is this guy 2p2?!

should make a vid ;-)

ehhhmm wtf?

BB is gnomeontilt

SB: $55.60
BB: $50.00
UTG: $58.00
CO: $47.30
BTN: $57.65

Preflop: is dealt (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, SB folds, BB checks

Flop: ($1.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1.75</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $5.25</font>, BB calls $3.50

Turn: ($12.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $10.50</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $44.25</font>, BTN calls $33.75

River: ($100.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $100.75 ($3 Rake)

BTN had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Threes) and WON (+$47.75)
BB had 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Eights) and LOST (-$50.00)