Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 04:30 PM

Default When am I supposed to fold my TPGK

I only had 5 hands on vilain. When am I supposed to fold here? My brain told me he had 2 pairs but since a 6 came and I had 2 pairs myself, I had to see.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $2.55
BB: $6.00
Hero (UTG): $10.85
CO: $4.70
BTN: $9.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.75</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2.00</font>, Hero calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.95) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $2.90</font>, Hero calls $2.90

River: ($10.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $2.50</font>, Hero calls $2.50

Pot Size: $15.75 ($0.75 Rake)
Old 07-16-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: When am I supposed to fold my TPGK

Not on the river.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:35 PM

I know it sounds weak but I'd consider folding flop, unless villian was really agro I doubt he's semi bluff raising the flop. On the turn your only beating A4, so I prob fold.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:35 PM

c/c turn/river makes us look really weak and also puts us in really tough spots IMO. I think i might b/f the turn here. I think we are still ahead here a good bit of the time but if villian raises then its an easy fold.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:43 PM

I fold on the flop. Top pair with anything less than the best kicker is a weak holding when raised. When you call, you end up investing too much with a marginal hand. I think it's best to get out early and wait for a better situation. If he's raising you with top pair and a weaker kicker - well, you'll just have to give it to him. Make it back somewhere better. Too often in this situation you are going to see AQ or two pair or even a set for this to be worth it.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:45 PM

i probably fold the turn, but when that river card hits, he slows down his betting a lot, which seems like he just got counterfeited. i think flop or turn fold is def ok, but i dont think you can on the river
Old 07-16-2007, 05:03 PM

-AJo is a hand I only play 50% of the time from UTG. Usually when I have a good idea and history on all the players, would I play this hand. To an unknown, you get yourself in lots of trouble. I would fold on the flop rr, atleast he knows to rr 3X your bet which is a good sign that he may know what he is doing.

Since you called his flop rr, then its a definite fold to his dbl barrel.

Since you called his turn, then I would call his river. You didn't call all his streets to fold to a 1/4 bet on the river. IMO.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:18 PM

Preflop.

AJo is really awkward to play out of position, as indicated here. Even if you hit your top pair, your not sure if it's going to be good.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:27 PM

Pf is standard obv. I call the flop because it is cheap and villain may minraise a lot of hands to "find out where he is at". The turn is the decision point for me, if I call the turn I am comitted to the pot and donīt plan on folding ever because the pot is big and villain only has $4.5 behind. I either cr turn ai or cc river, whatever I think is best based on what I think villain has. In all likelyhood cr ai.

I think folding the turn is a really good idea. Folding the river would be stupid.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:28 PM

Default what?

Khaos4k is on crack. If you're folding AJo 5-handed, you've got no concept of hand values.

Readless, I call down here, though obviously since you posted here you lost. If he had A7, A6, or A4 then cheer and beat him down all session, if he had AQ then he priced you in pretty well.

You could argue for folding on the turn against a tighter player, but with only five hands it's probably worth seeing.