Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Disappointed with Pokernews coverage

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I was looking at the wrong day.

I tend to agree with you that we should be reporting what we see rather than expressing personal opinions (and my personal opinion on this particular one is that he nailed it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ), each reporter has their own style of course, and we are trying to not interfere with their content, but I promise you I'll bring it up in our meeting tonight to see if that approach is 'company policy', and report back here.

Thanks,
Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thanks for your interest. I was going to email the site but could not find any email addresses.

I guess my problem is you throw Hellmuth's picture and stories all over the site and then crush the guy for shaking people's hands.

I know nothing will change, but thanks for the ear.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of you are underestimating what an undertaking covering six simultaneous tournaments is.

[/ QUOTE ]

They bid to get it. If they can't handle the job they should not have signed up. This is a disgrace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't read the entire thread so I apolgise if this has already come up.

But when in the history of the WSOP ever had 6 tournaments running simultaneously? Ironically I believe I read in Pokernews a few days back that it was the first time they ever had 4 running simultaneously.

Firstly; FT should have a hand for hand coverage. Chip stacks when the blinds are this high change frequently and make the way hands are played out different. I had to manually keep track of chip stacks when watchin G Smith's FT. If I can do this while "working" y can't Pokernews?

Internet streaming is [censored] give me a live audience, when it goes on TV watch the [censored] atmosphere and bad tv it will create. (I could be wrong if they are not airing that FT, it would be a disgrace not to show PH winning his 11th, like how they dodged showing his 10th.)

Pokernews, WSOP Go F*** yourselves.

***END RANT***
Old 06-13-2007, 08:10 PM

Where else can you get quality detailed reporting like this?
[ QUOTE ]

Hand #46
Hand #46 - Doug Baughman makes a great post-flop raise to take a pot away from Daniel Negreanu.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-13-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of you are underestimating what an undertaking covering six simultaneous tournaments is.

[/ QUOTE ]
if there was nothing to compare it to, i'd just say oh well its really hard to cover all those tables at once.
but with last years cardplayer coverage to compare it to, we can see that the fact is they are doing a terrible job.
and its offensive that they can buy the exclusive rights to cover it, and then do so horribly.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
if there was nothing to compare it to, i'd just say oh well its really hard to cover all those tables at once.
but with last years cardplayer coverage to compare it to, we can see that the fact is they are doing a terrible job.
and its offensive that they can buy the exclusive rights to cover it, and then do so horribly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded a waste of a 500th post tho.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:46 PM

Look at the chip counts. The bustouts should be shown in order. Not in some random order.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look at the chip counts. The bustouts should be shown in order. Not in some random order.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think they are alphabetical by first name, then last name. Not random, but not relevant either.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Think they are alphabetical by first name, then last name. Not random, but not relevant either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Checked a few events. Does seem like first name then last name. As useful as random.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:10 AM

No Magic for Antonio
Facing an early position (EP) player's 3,000 preflop raise, Antonio Esfandiari made it 8,000 to go. EP reraised all-in for 12,625 and Antonio made the call.

When the flipped over their cards, Antonio was a huge favorite, showing QsQd v.s. his opponent's AsQh, but when the flop came 5hAcKh, Antonio was left drawing to two outs.

Hmmmm.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:21 AM

If nothing else, a graphic at the top of all pages with:

# of players entered
# of players remaining
average stack
blind level

would make the tournaments a million times easier to follow. Espcially the "Players remaining". It's pretty much impossible to get a feel for a tournament without that.

I agree the product is subpar compared to the coverage provided last year.