Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Someone just knocked at my door...

[ QUOTE ]
taking any steps towards fixing the problem

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he's posting his complaint to an internet message board. Doesn't that solve the problem? They'll log in to 2p2, read it, and turn down the volume!
Old 02-04-2007, 09:18 PM

stomping won't solve anything...

in fact your choices are

1) break the lease and move out, and pick a better place - move in with friends or other college students if you want to live off campus. if you have room-mates, they can help you with stuff like this

2) talk to the people involved - the first contact is the hardest, and you'll usually be able to tell immediately whether this is a line worth pursuing after a few words. you'll often be able to come to some agreement, sometimes you won't... but usually you will

that's about it

as an aside, i once lived in an apartement building with thin walls, i was home alone wathcing TV at 3 or 4 pm... nothing too loud imo, when I hear banging from above... the people above had complained about my apartment to the rental office, which i was not happy about.... i'm not sure what happened, but something snapped, I stormed upstairs and started beating on their door like a deranged mad man.... not sure what would have happened had they opened the door...... but stomping doesn't solve anything and only makes the people you stomp at mad whethether they are in the wrong or the right
Old 02-04-2007, 09:23 PM

Murder them in cold blood.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:27 PM

Are you sure about the $600 to break the lease?

Around here (in NJ), I think all you have to do is tell the landlord you're moving 3 months ahead of time. That's still 3 months to live in hell though.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:32 PM

I suspect that after a week or two of daily verbal and written complaints they'll let you out of your lease.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:44 PM

Wow, many responses while I was golfing. I will attempt to respond to everything at once.

If they are Latinos and not Mexicans, it doesn't matter. I actually just assume an Arizonan hispanic is Mexican, which is clearly not the case. So, I apologize for that generalization.

I am admitting that I am too pussy to confront a group of Latino men drinking beer/blasting music/fixing cars. Additionally, for a non-confrontational person, it is very difficult to muster the courage to confont people while in my PJs and barely awake.

I am not the only person who feels this way. My neighbors have told me that they've complained to the leasing office many times and nothing has come of it. They are trying to move out solely because of these annoying neighbors.

It is a 1 year lease, so to break it before the year is out, will cost my basically the equivalalent of 1 month's rent. The numbers aren't exact, but it would cost between 6 and 700 to break the lease.

As for my stomping - this case is different than playing a tv at a loud/reasonably loud volume - this is music with loud bass - literally rattling my apartment. It is impossible for the tenants in the apartment below me to think that the sound is limited to their apartment.

Anyway, the whole point of this post was to vent, not to defend my actions. Maybe it's not the line you would have taken, but it's reasonable, in my opinion.

The best advice in this posting was to document everything and try to get out of my lease thusly. And that is what I will do.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they are blasting music at 4am, they are violating their lease. Contact the office every time it happens.

If they are fixing cars in the parking lot, they are violating their lease. Contact the office every time it happens.

If you are in Phoenix, then yes 80%+ of Latinos are of Mexican descent. Whoever posted the 40% number is living in a dreamworld (and yes, I'm from Phoenix).

To the OP, you might try knocking on THEIR door and politely asking them not to blast their music so early in the morning. If it works, great. If it doesn't, then at least you tried and you can follow up by talking to the office.

I've had similar problems in the past, and the majority were dealt with by speaking politely with office staff who relayed my concerns to the other tenants. I tried to talk with them myself, but none of them spoke English.

[/ QUOTE ]

how will any of this stop them from being mexicans?

OP you are just going to have to move north to iceland or something its the only way to solve this issue
Old 02-04-2007, 10:05 PM

p.s. You really need to get a peephole.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:46 PM

I would spend the $600 on speakers, crank up Wall of Vodoo-Mexican Radio, and then stay at a friends for a week. After 7 days of that at full blast they will know your the Head Gringo in Charge.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:44 PM

Get some hydraulics for your ride. Steal all their hoes. They won't last a generation.