Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 06:26 PM

Default Re: The Well: gobboboy

[ QUOTE ]
At what moment in your poker career did you feel your greatest satisfaction/vicorty/happiness over winning?

[/ QUOTE ]

Recently, when I won my first live tournament, was pretty awesome with all my friends there and the crushing look of defeat on my opponent's face. MUAHAHAHAHAHA.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gobbo,

Three questions for your well.

1) You want to stake me in the WSOP ME, right? (note: correct answer is "yes")

2) Do you think three 2+2ers are enough for a Vegas house or do we need more? If we got a bunch we could start our own poker fraternity, call it phi alpha gamma, and win lots of poker tournaments and then get a spot during next year's WSOP. Come on, you know you wanna.

3) You want to be in the hot tub pic, right? RIGHT?!?!?! (note: correct answer is "yes")

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Yes, four people would be fine. Yes.

The answers would be longer if you didn't flake on the canterbury trip.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:06 PM

Gobbo,

I've been following your progress since you first started posting on the board because you're name was unique and you live in Mahomet where my brother lives and which is close to where I grew up. Congrats on all your success to this point! In a few years I'm sure you will have even bigger finishes to look back on.

I'm struggling to move up in limits. My bankroll is about $2000 right now and I play the $20 180-man SNG's along with the large $10 and $20 MTT's. I've played some bigger events with some cashes and I also multi-table the $100 NL games on a regular basis usually buying in for $50 (I do this because I earn more FPP's and the games aren't much tougher than the $50NL).

What is the biggest key to moving up? I find when I am running bad at the NL cash games I tend to drop down because I'm afraid of losing too much of my bankroll. Is there any advice you could offer?

Thanks!

Paul
Old 12-20-2006, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gobbo,

I've been following your progress since you first started posting on the board because you're name was unique and you live in Mahomet where my brother lives and which is close to where I grew up. Congrats on all your success to this point! In a few years I'm sure you will have even bigger finishes to look back on.

I'm struggling to move up in limits. My bankroll is about $2000 right now and I play the $20 180-man SNG's along with the large $10 and $20 MTT's. I've played some bigger events with some cashes and I also multi-table the $100 NL games on a regular basis usually buying in for $50 (I do this because I earn more FPP's and the games aren't much tougher than the $50NL).

What is the biggest key to moving up? I find when I am running bad at the NL cash games I tend to drop down because I'm afraid of losing too much of my bankroll. Is there any advice you could offer?

Thanks!

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

The biggest key is being comfortable in whatevr you're playing. I've never really been that successful in grinding it out at cash games, but people I know who are the most successful just grind it out at their best game. There's no shame in sticking to one limit if you make good money doing it, despite what people say. We may joke around with each other for being 'smaller' players but in the long run, it's just about money. Ride out the variance your own way.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:22 PM

gobbo,

When do you anticipate battling Phil Ivey and the FTP crew at 300/600 HU NL?

N 82
Old 12-20-2006, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gobbo,

When do you anticipate battling Phil Ivey and the FTP crew at 300/600 HU NL?

N 82

[/ QUOTE ]

If I said I already did it, would anyone actually be surprised?

I don't know, hopefully in the next 5 years.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gobbo, what is the most money you have lost from cash games in one day and what % of your bankroll was it at the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at 100k for a few minutes playing 100/200 PLO. Then I dropped 24k and then another 20k in the next half hour. That was not a good morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you tell your mother about it when it happened and if so what was her reaction?

What is her reaction in general when you tell her about big losses or do you keep those to yourself mostly?
Old 12-20-2006, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gobbo, what is the most money you have lost from cash games in one day and what % of your bankroll was it at the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at 100k for a few minutes playing 100/200 PLO. Then I dropped 24k and then another 20k in the next half hour. That was not a good morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you tell your mother about it when it happened and if so what was her reaction?

What is her reaction in general when you tell her about big losses or do you keep those to yourself mostly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I usually keep that to myself. She only wants to hear when I win money. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2006, 10:32 PM

Does this make you a sad panda?
Old 12-20-2006, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does this make you a sad panda?

[/ QUOTE ]

It made me laugh.

Edit: and gobbo is always welcome on my AIM.