bet/call 5 41.67%
bet/3b 5 41.67%
check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]
wow Herc sounds like I am the spew master thanks for the advice!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, i guess i sound some sarcasm in the comment?!...I told ya that i don`t play 3/6...and i thoght its spew...so what "advice" do you expect from a NL 100 ? I just said what i thought...
Old 01-25-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow Herc sounds like I am the spew master thanks for the advice!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, i guess i sound some sarcasm in the comment?!...I told ya that i don`t play 3/6...and i thoght its spew...so what "advice" do you expect from a NL 100 ? I just said what i thought...

[/ QUOTE ]

it is spew
Old 01-25-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To all of the hands that were posted in this thread,

Holy [censored] post it in SSNL. You need help.

Also, i was KIDDING with the hercules 83s hand. I recommend giving your money to a homeless person if you're gonna play the hand like that. It will go to better use.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about you coaching me *lol*. No serious, my 83s raise PF was for sure not for value, but for image and position. There`s no big difference between raising this and 45s. Most of the time you don`t hit and cbet and fold if raised. You even fold most of the time when you pair a 4 or 5 (against a raise)...So you just have to see whats going on and how he proceeds.
The only time you get paid of with 45s stuff is when villain has a good hand by himself. But he`ll likely reraise that PF so i wont even see a flop...
Ok, my river play was a totally read thing. Whats so bad about it? if i`m sure he has nadda and if i dont wanna show down crap, what else am i gonna do?
Old 01-25-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To all of the hands that were posted in this thread,

Holy [censored] post it in SSNL. You need help.

Also, i was KIDDING with the hercules 83s hand. I recommend giving your money to a homeless person if you're gonna play the hand like that. It will go to better use.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about you coaching me *lol*. No serious, my 83s raise PF was for sure not for value, but for image and position. There`s no big difference between raising this and 45s. Most of the time you don`t hit and cbet and fold if raised. You even fold most of the time when you pair a 4 or 5 (against a raise)...So you just have to see whats going on and how he proceeds.
The only time you get paid of with 45s stuff is when villain has a good hand by himself. But he`ll likely reraise that PF so i wont even see a flop...
Ok, my river play was a totally read thing. Whats so bad about it? if i`m sure he has nadda and if i dont wanna show down crap, what else am i gonna do?

[/ QUOTE ]

herc, if you raised for image, then showing down crap is exactly what you want to do.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:06 PM

Hercules, you aren't really thinking at all about the game your are in. You are playing 100NL. The reason 100NL is so profitable is people call way to much.

So, conversely, raising with 83s cannot be a great play. You are doing it for image, but I think you are losing more by playing complete trash, then what you're gaining from establishing an image.

Finally, you keep defending your dumb useless raise on the river by saying you are trying to not show the hand down. Well, if you don't want to show 83s down, don't play it. People call way to much, so raising with garbage is going to lead to showing down your hands when you hit that garbage.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:21 PM

Herc,

I stand corrected.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:37 PM

Yep futu, raising for image means for me just that the guys see, that i raise much. They shouldn`t see what i raise. I wanna give no info away. But if i raise for image, i actually should show that hand down with an ultra fishy call on the river...
I thought over it and I guess you`re right guys. I just posted the hand for fun (not because i thought it was good by any meanings...i just wanted to hear if one can call with A high here...). But in the long run its just silly to do that stuff. This time it went good, but the other times i prolly loose a decent amount of money, where i wasn`t pressured to invest one cent...

1) Ok, but i`m interested what range you guys usually would raise/repop from the BT?

2) Ok, i guess we raise something like 78s every time from the BT. We miss the flop, we cbet and get called. Do you give it up right here? If yes, where`s the difference between trash and 78s ?
Are the times when you hit a 7 or the 5% of the time you hit a monster so significant important? I mean, its not that only you have to hit a monster. Villain has to have at least something to pay you off...

Thx for the advice. I appreciate it, hopefully it prevents me from spewing in future...
Old 01-25-2007, 09:21 PM

PT question about cash,
when looking at session notes, there are 2 stats, $won and BB/HR that i am looking at. is $won my hourly? (it makes sense that it would be but im confused), by $won is double my BB/HR --
Old 01-25-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PT question about cash,
when looking at session notes, there are 2 stats, $won and BB/HR that i am looking at. is $won my hourly? (it makes sense that it would be but im confused), by $won is double my BB/HR --

[/ QUOTE ]

ptBB = 2 BBs

It means big bet and is a legacy from limit.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:46 AM

Ok, help appreciated. This hand was actually pretty easy to play, because i had to leave and i was under big pressure.
Ok, but lets assume i have enough time to play the hand, how would you play it.
Pls take into account that my image was very laggy (much raising etc.), but in every (=~80%) big pot i had shown down the goods, although one of my big bluffs got caught [[censored] these calling stations [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img], but its all metagame *lol*]

Ok i raise and the other big-stack plays back. He has played fairly tagish and hasn`t done anything out of order in comparison to me. But he is a good player and is definitely not only rr only QQ+. Ok, whats my move over 300BB deep?. I was kind of new to that, because its not quite normal that two big`s share one table and play a RR pot. My thought process was (besides that i had to leave, that with a big reraise my hand is pretty transparent and allows him to play perfectly. So how big do you raise to cut down his implied odds? I thought at least 70. But 70 looks like AA IMO, so i dunno...I then decided to push, hoping he might look me up with KK, although KK is an easy fold here (even against me). Anything else sucked...I also thought that if i push, its good for metagame (= people think twice to play back).
Ok, but i still don`t feel good, because i maybe lost much value.

PokerStars Game #8125928949: Hold'em No Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2007/01/26 - 02:21:01 (ET)
Table 'Hecuba V' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: tencelos ($58 in chips)
Seat 2: sklaaaaar ($85.35 in chips)
Seat 3: 63RHB ($134.70 in chips)
Seat 4: konstajuha ($37.70 in chips)
Seat 5: AjaxAchill ($351.05 in chips)
Seat 7: devinr12 ($259.30 in chips)
Seat 8: TheCrusher7 ($58.50 in chips)
Seat 9: scruffy-bob ($95.50 in chips)
devinr12: posts small blind $0.50
TheCrusher7: posts big blind $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to AjaxAchill [As Ac]
scruffy-bob: folds
SandroP13 has returned
tencelos: calls $1
sklaaaaar: folds
63RHB: calls $1
konstajuha: folds
AjaxAchill: raises $4 to $5
konstajuha is sitting out
devinr12: raises $13 to $18
TheCrusher7: folds
tencelos: folds
63RHB: folds
AjaxAchill: raises $333.05 to $351.05 and is all-in
devinr12: folds
AjaxAchill collected $39 from pot
AjaxAchill: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $39 | Rake $0
Seat 1: tencelos folded before Flop
Seat 2: sklaaaaar folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: 63RHB folded before Flop
Seat 4: konstajuha folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: AjaxAchill (button) collected ($39)
Seat 7: devinr12 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: TheCrusher7 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: scruffy-bob folded before Flop (didn't bet)