Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Help me buy a car

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just got the sickest Audi S5, I'll post pics of my actual car soon after I get a couple things done..

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally really like the looks of audis, and I tend to esp like coupes. But something bugs me about this car. Its either the grill is too big and doesnt really fit the rest of the car or the side ripple reminds me too much of those hyundais that try to look fast and aggressive and fail doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the S5 overall looked pretty sick til i read this, looked at the S5 a second time, then realized those "side ripples" really makes the car look 4x priced Hyundai Tiberon [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah.. i can see that... lol.. okay.. no, no i can't. i mean there are similarities in the side i guess.. about as much similarity as that ferrari above has with a ford probe.

[/ QUOTE ]
imo the concept of the next hyundai coupe looks an awful lot like the S5
Old 11-13-2007, 02:23 PM

S5 and c63 are hawt. S5 probably better.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:57 PM

u should be able to get a used bmw6 for 35k
Old 11-13-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
u should be able to get a used bmw6 for 35k

[/ QUOTE ]

Im seriously considering this option... that idiot dealer ruined all my plans,

TBH the reason i wanted the BMW was
1: noone my age can afford one (hence baller?)
2: being a NIT it actually is pretty usefull car too, Good Fuel consumption, not so high maintinace cost, good resale value better then competition.
3: never had a BMW before

Reasons i CONTEMPLATED not wanting to buy it,
1: Idiot salesman twerp
2: Its A BMW, every1 thinks u get a BMW cus its a BMW, but this one actually had pretty good stats (faster then M3 between 40-100 or smmit like that), its basically the M3 for 20k less...

But the way things went down i dont think i WANT the 3 series anymore, am considering just dishing out more for EITHER the S5 / RS4 / 6 series Coupe... i havnt done enough reserch to know which one yet!
Only problem i have with the 6 series and 5 series is that a newer model is out soon (less then 1 for 6series and 2-3 for the 5series, but i dont wanna buy a car then have a newer model come out stright after... maywell burn my $$$)

[image]http://www.gostudie.com/studieshop/file/11/1(58).jpg_x[/image]
Old 11-13-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its basically the M3 for 20k less...

[/ QUOTE ]

no.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
buy a lotus

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are so bad ass.. . saw one on the freeway this summer

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLOL
Old 11-13-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just got the sickest Audi S5, I'll post pics of my actual car soon after I get a couple things done..

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally really like the looks of audis, and I tend to esp like coupes. But something bugs me about this car. Its either the grill is too big and doesnt really fit the rest of the car or the side ripple reminds me too much of those hyundais that try to look fast and aggressive and fail doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the S5 overall looked pretty sick til i read this, looked at the S5 a second time, then realized those "side ripples" really makes the car look 4x priced Hyundai Tiberon [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah.. i can see that... lol.. okay.. no, no i can't. i mean there are similarities in the side i guess.. about as much similarity as that ferrari above has with a ford probe.

[/ QUOTE ]
imo the concept of the next hyundai coupe looks an awful lot like the S5

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i guess you're right.. if i saw this hyundai concept car (which i won't cause it's an f'n concept car) in the parking lot next to my car i might get them confused..

wait.. no.. nope.. i still don't think i would. Unless someone has a severe mental handicap, they aren't gonna confuse that thing with an Audi S5. Let's be real man. Regardless, congrats to Hyundai if they are actually trying to mirror their next vehicle after an Audi.. if I made lower end vehicles that's what I would try to do too.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:52 PM

are you able to wait 'til spring? the new bmw m3 comes out then and is pretty much the sickest car ever...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7l_JKR3KOvc
Old 11-13-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A 3-series BMW tells the world you couldn't afford the 5-series or better.

[/ QUOTE ]
And what does buying any car thats cheaper than a BMW 3 series say?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends. Buying the BMW means you're trying to say something to the world. People don't buy a 3-series BMW because it's a good car. They buy it because they want a BMW, but it's the only one they can afford. If a guy places no value on a car then he'll buy any kind of disposable vehicle.

[/ QUOTE ]

orly?

in general, reading the retarded responses in car and watch threads makes me tilt, but this one is especially good.

the bmw 3 series is hands down one of the best cars ever made. each generation becomes the benchmark for every car companies' attempts at a sports sedan. and not that i need to keep going on, but in more than one review the bmw 335i has been called 'perhaps the greatest car ever made' for its price, which is now about $50-55k loaded out.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A 3-series BMW tells the world you couldn't afford the 5-series or better.

[/ QUOTE ]
And what does buying any car thats cheaper than a BMW 3 series say?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends. Buying the BMW means you're trying to say something to the world. People don't buy a 3-series BMW because it's a good car. They buy it because they want a BMW, but it's the only one they can afford. If a guy places no value on a car then he'll buy any kind of disposable vehicle.

[/ QUOTE ]

orly?

in general, reading the retarded responses in car and watch threads makes me tilt, but this one is especially good.

the bmw 3 series is hands down one of the best cars ever made. each generation becomes the benchmark for every car companies' attempts at a sports sedan. and not that i need to keep going on, but in more than one review the bmw 335i has been called 'perhaps the greatest car ever made' for its price, which is now about $50-55k loaded out.

[/ QUOTE ]

you speak the truth. The original m3 is probably the greatest car of its era. Most people are clueless about most things though, but I agree its sad when the clueless folk feel inclined to put in their two cents.