Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 07:23 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno about the rest of you, but this thread is making me thirsty. I'm gonna pound a fifth of jack and then do donuts in the elementary school parking lot until I hear "thump", anyone with me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lame attempt.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is what I said false to:
[ QUOTE ]
This is true, but what happens to an alcoholic / someone who drinks constantly is you can have a lot more beers before you blow a .08; eg it might take you 2-3, while an alcoholic might be able to have 6 or 7 beers and blow a .0698 or something

[/ QUOTE ]

The second quote is false. If you don't understand why then fine, but don't take your anger out on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why you think this is false given what mbillie posted... Can you elaborate on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

mbillie's quote is false because the amount you blow is completely dependent on time. I can have 15 beers and blow a .05. An alcoholic can blow a .22 with 10 beers. Does that mean I have a higher tolerance? No. If me and the alcoholic both drink 8 beers in a reasonably short period of time, we will essentially have the same BAC.

What he was trying to say now is that alcoholics process alcohol faster. This is true. This is not his original post. His original post implies that the immediate affect of one beer in an alcoholic is different than a normal person. This is not true.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:24 PM

tdarko,

Wow that is some really terrible grunching right there.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:26 PM

all u people that drunk drive are peices of [censored]
Old 11-24-2007, 07:26 PM

Old 11-24-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you blow a .08, you are impaired to the point where you shouldn't be driving.

[/ QUOTE ]
Until a few years ago and I believe still in some states and probably in many other countries, .08 was within the law. Here, it was .12 until just a few years prior to that. Is your opinion of intoxication 100% beholden to the laws of your state? So .0799999... is OK? What if you live in a state where it's .08 but on the border of a state where .10 is still the limit? Are you fine with driving home until you get to the border?

The problem is that I don't think you really understand what .08 feels like, and certainly don't know what it feels like to regular drinkers, and worst of all are trying to tell someone in this thread who acknowledged doing research on alcohol impairment that he's wrong. But I'm sure MADD and lawyers and other "do-gooders" will find a way to drop it to .06 and then you can argue that that's too much, people shouldn't be driving in that condition.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:39 PM

Just for clarity,

If I blow .08, then 80% of my blood is alcohol, amirite?
Old 11-24-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you blow a .08, you are impaired to the point where you shouldn't be driving.

[/ QUOTE ]
Until a few years ago and I believe still in some states and probably in many other countries, .08 was within the law. Here, it was .12 until just a few years prior to that. Is your opinion of intoxication 100% beholden to the laws of your state? So .0799999... is OK? What if you live in a state where it's .08 but on the border of a state where .10 is still the limit? Are you fine with driving home until you get to the border?

The problem is that I don't think you really understand what .08 feels like, and certainly don't know what it feels like to regular drinkers, and worst of all are trying to tell someone in this thread who acknowledged doing research on alcohol impairment that he's wrong. But I'm sure MADD and lawyers and other "do-gooders" will find a way to drop it to .06 and then you can argue that that's too much, people shouldn't be driving in that condition.

[/ QUOTE ]

You appear to be comparing bananas to grapefruit, sir.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:42 PM

tuq-
.08 is the point where skills are proven to deteriorate. study after study has shown this
Old 11-24-2007, 07:44 PM

tuq-

also, no matter how good you feel at .08, you are still just as impaired as a normal person at .08, you are just used to it.