Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

2.5 years seems excessive for DUI. I had to do 28 days for driving continuously driving while under suspension and I was looking at 3 months last year until I negotiated a deal. To be honest if I had gotten the 3 months I would have avoided it by moving (running seems extensive no one chases you over a traffic violation).

The first 24 hours is the worst part of it. After that just keep your head down and you should be fine. Still 2.5 years is [censored]. I'd run in your situation.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Answering this could take forever. But basiaclly each DUI went kinda like this. Get really drunk black out, and wake up in a holding cell. I honesly only remember the first DUI slightly and don't remember the otehr two at all. The last one I was not drunk at all. I had taken some prescribed meds. Mixture of percs and lorazepam(like xanax) and blacked out and wound up with my car crashed in someones front yard. I obv have major drug and alcohol issues and can say that getting help for that is the one major thing I have gotten out of all of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm. Well, assuming this isn't all a giant level (your tone elsewhere seems rather blithe and you don't have much of a posting history), maybe prison will give you the impetus to get your [censored] straight. This is pretty hard to defend.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't start the post to defend myself. I truly wanted some real advice. wish I could say I am leveling. About sounding blithe. I guess I'm jsut trying to deal with it in my own way. Anaways thanks everyone for responses.

2.5 is standard for your third one in AZ. they have all happened wtithin the last four years which makes a big difference.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
have you looked into what the penalties are for going on the run? since you are only sentenced to 2.5 years, they probably won't really even chase after you. Its very easy to steal someone else's identity or just buy/steal a passport and leave the country. I don't know what technology will be like in the future and how likely it is you can stay hidden, but 2.5 years is a long time imho.

if you go to jail just remember, "you only do two days. the day you go in and the day you get out" - avon barksdale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol looked ionto this option lebowski. It's def. possible but i really don't feel like looking ove my shoulder for the rest of my life. 2 years is a long time but AZ is a [censored] up state in terms of punishment(I didn't hurt anyone). Come to AZ on vacation and leave on probation.

[/ QUOTE ]

You only have to hide until the statute of limitations runs out. So you live in Brazil for like 12 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

i always see them on the news with guys who murdered people in 1972??
Old 11-24-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
have you looked into what the penalties are for going on the run? since you are only sentenced to 2.5 years, they probably won't really even chase after you. Its very easy to steal someone else's identity or just buy/steal a passport and leave the country. I don't know what technology will be like in the future and how likely it is you can stay hidden, but 2.5 years is a long time imho.

if you go to jail just remember, "you only do two days. the day you go in and the day you get out" - avon barksdale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol looked ionto this option lebowski. It's def. possible but i really don't feel like looking ove my shoulder for the rest of my life. 2 years is a long time but AZ is a [censored] up state in terms of punishment(I didn't hurt anyone). Come to AZ on vacation and leave on probation.

[/ QUOTE ]

You only have to hide until the statute of limitations runs out. So you live in Brazil for like 12 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

i always see them on the news with guys who murdered people in 1972??

[/ QUOTE ]

statute of limitations doesn't apply after you've been charged and convicted.

also, as soon as you flee the jurisdiction, the clock stops running.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The first 24 hours is the worst part of it. After that just keep your head down and you should be fine. Still 2.5 years is [censored]. I'd run in your situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

"See, I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on. I had a little more sense than that. . . . Yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie's couch."

Old 11-24-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2.5 years seems excessive for DUI. I had to do 28 days for driving continuously driving while under suspension and I was looking at 3 months last year until I negotiated a deal. To be honest if I had gotten the 3 months I would have avoided it by moving (running seems extensive no one chases you over a traffic violation).

[/ QUOTE ]

it seems light considering hes
Underage
and its his third one
2 were aggro
hes been to the "tents" before

you're heading in the right direction champ. While you are in prison I would learn the art of making a shank, find a gang affiliation and get a prison tat.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sucks to be u...consider shanking someone the first day ur there.

[/ QUOTE ]

preferably himself
Old 11-24-2007, 04:17 PM

I'm a former correctional officer and can tell you that every prison is different. If you'll be doing time at a prison that holds DUI offenders exclusively then it seems like you don't have too much to worry about. You won't be surrounded by too many of those thug culture idiots.

As TwoOuter advised, take advantage of any college degree/vocational programs that may be available. Do the time, don't let the time do you. Work on improving your mind and body while you're in there.

I doubt you'll get in a bunch of fights or fight off rapists considering the type of felons you'll be doing time with. Be very careful with your personal info. Don't tell anyone, anything about the specifics of your personal life(names, livlihoods and locations of relatives, etc.)

Find out about Commissary policies and ask a relative to keep your account balance topped off.

That's about all that comes to mind right now. Take care.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sucks to be u...consider shanking someone the first day ur there.

[/ QUOTE ]

preferably himself

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sorry. you can tell someone to kill someone else, but if you tell someone to kill himself, then you've crossed the 2+2 line. ban pls.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Answering this could take forever. But basiaclly each DUI went kinda like this. Get really drunk black out, and wake up in a holding cell. I honesly only remember the first DUI slightly and don't remember the otehr two at all. The last one I was not drunk at all. I had taken some prescribed meds. Mixture of percs and lorazepam(like xanax) and blacked out and wound up with my car crashed in someones front yard. I obv have major drug and alcohol issues and can say that getting help for that is the one major thing I have gotten out of all of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

So is there any temptation to really let it all hang out this last week?