Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: politics forum rant LC

[ QUOTE ]
I also agree that Borodog and other ACists on this forum are part of a vast government conspiracy to keep the truth from getting out through noise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fascist movements have always enlisted private, third-party allies. If they're "true believers", so much the better. True believers work for free, and they rarely listen to reasoned counterarguments. All it takes is a little carefully channeled money to the build up the right front groups and rallying organizations. Check into the funding behind the "Libertarian" movement sometime, and see who's paying the bills. These people are useful dupes at best, and willing propagandists at worst.

q/q
Old 10-18-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check into the funding behind the "Libertarian" movement sometime, and see who's paying the bills.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't suppose you'd like to provide a link or anything.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, this thread is as good as any, at least enough to put some names on the table. Plenty of references in the follow-ups, google from there if you like.

q/q
Old 10-18-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(What, you thought all those Iraqi "insurgents" were just arming themselves? And you thought the "Iraqi government" isn't a US puppet?)

[/ QUOTE ]
Where did I say either of those statements? And please provide sources that the Russians are arming the Iraqis please.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

(What, you thought all those Iraqi "insurgents" were just arming themselves? And you thought the "Iraqi government" isn't a US puppet?)

[/ QUOTE ]
Where did I say either of those statements? And please provide sources that the Russians are arming the Iraqis please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read "Charlie Wilson's War" and see what you think...
Old 10-18-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, this thread is as good as any, at least enough to put some names on the table. Plenty of references in the follow-ups, google from there if you like.

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite part was how Hayek's defense of laissez-faire was 'mystical' and 'almost hysterical'. Biased, mayhaps?

Seriously, though, I think every movement has some adherents/donators/etc. that have less than pure motives. (I'm too lazy to find the link, but Karl Hess has an interview where he talks about how a lot of contributions to laissez-faire periodicals were made by huge agribusiness corporations that obtained massive benefits from govt regulation and subsidies). I don't really find any of this especially troubling for libertarian or anarchist political theory, though, since a) I think the same could be said of other ideologies, and b) it's all ad hominem and mostly irrelevant to the veracity of the claims made by libertarians.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]

Yawn. Pro-capitalism ideas were defended by capitalists, you don't say.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the AC circle jerk has played itself out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're missing the point:

The infestation of "ACers" in this forum has been *specifically intended* to short-circuit and drown out discussion of the real-world problems you bring up.

It is a deliberate propaganda strategy, and it's being used on politics forums all over the net.

Bottom line: don't attribute goodwill and good faith to people who aren't practicing either.

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 10-18-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you're missing the point:

The infestation of "ACers" in this forum has been *specifically intended* to short-circuit and drown out discussion of the real-world problems you bring up.

It is a deliberate propaganda strategy, and it's being used on politics forums all over the net.

Bottom line: don't attribute goodwill and good faith to people who aren't practicing either.

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-18-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]

Yawn. Pro-capitalism ideas were defended by capitalists, you don't say.

[/ QUOTE ]

The revolution must have happened when i was in the restroom... Long live the proletariat!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]