Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 11:32 PM

Default Re: FTP Regs Thread

I know upay4mycondom's secret identity! Will tell for $300

soon2b, you once 4bet shoved AXs on me as if I'm 3betting you lite, I'm a nit lol
Old 08-17-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
kewl,

that hand is very standard

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i was thinking the same thing. 10 outs twice plus F.E by a shove. def a very standard play on his part. glad to see im not crazy
Old 08-17-2007, 12:18 AM

upay4mycondoms is good, but perhaps a little bit too aggro; he's 4-bet shoved a 5-high flush draw on me on a paired board with basically zero fold equity.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
kewl,

that hand is very standard

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo. Not much point in calling a 3-bet if you aren't pushing THAT flop with 99.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So is Upay4mycondoms any good or is he just an aggrotard?

I've noticed that quite a few of the guys who are really aggro preflop are really passive postflop which is quite a strange combination. (not him obv)

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a weird session today where my AF was < 1 over 200 hands on 4 different tables.

I kept having marginal/good/notgreat hands and aggrotards kept donking into me trying to get me off my hand.

Great for the winrate, but man I felt like a passive fool.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a regular, but i played about 10k hands this month. I usually play differents sorts of poker but i've been struggling a bit lately. This makes me pretty eager to make te jump to .5/1 or 1/2 (I'm already rolled for these games so that's no problem).These 10k hand went really really well(10+PTBB) So i was wondering if the guys i played with can tell me wether i'm probably +EV in these games or that i would be better of playing some 0.25/0.5 to wok on my game (I would have a LOT of trouble motivating myself to play these games though, so i would love to avoid that).

Full tilt name: R-Quaresma

[/ QUOTE ]

You are one of about 4 players at 100NL that have garnered my respect. You are a PITA to play vs and I tend to avoid you. And due to the fact that both of our table selection skills are quite good, we end up playing on the same tables, I like that we both tend to stay out of e/o's way.

That said, I think you'd be burning money dropping down below 100NL. In fact, I think you could crush 200NL as well. I'm beating 100NL for almost 12PTBB/100 since I've moved up (July 29) and from what I've seen of your game, you're doing PLENTY well yourself. GL and leave my monkeys be [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the kind feedback [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], i really respect your game as well (except for one hand i saw that didn't make any sense whatsoever and i was really wondering why you did it). fwiw i really agree with your opinion on Colonel Mustard. I was very surprised to see people here really think he is good.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a regular, but i played about 10k hands this month. I usually play differents sorts of poker but i've been struggling a bit lately. This makes me pretty eager to make te jump to .5/1 or 1/2 (I'm already rolled for these games so that's no problem).These 10k hand went really really well(10+PTBB) So i was wondering if the guys i played with can tell me wether i'm probably +EV in these games or that i would be better of playing some 0.25/0.5 to wok on my game (I would have a LOT of trouble motivating myself to play these games though, so i would love to avoid that).

Full tilt name: R-Quaresma

[/ QUOTE ]

You are one of about 4 players at 100NL that have garnered my respect. You are a PITA to play vs and I tend to avoid you. And due to the fact that both of our table selection skills are quite good, we end up playing on the same tables, I like that we both tend to stay out of e/o's way.

That said, I think you'd be burning money dropping down below 100NL. In fact, I think you could crush 200NL as well. I'm beating 100NL for almost 12PTBB/100 since I've moved up (July 29) and from what I've seen of your game, you're doing PLENTY well yourself. GL and leave my monkeys be [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the kind feedback [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], i really respect your game as well (except for one hand i saw that didn't make any sense whatsoever and i was really wondering why you did it). fwiw i really agree with your opinion on Colonel Mustard. I was very surprised to see people here really think he is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's really really over-aggro and is way too willing to get involved in 3-bet pots with regulars when he's OOP. Unfortunately, so am I but he's better at it.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:42 AM

i'm still waiting on stats/leaks on Th3120ck, i wanna beat this guy so bad..
Old 08-17-2007, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm Townie Railer on 1/2. I wonder what the 2p2 community thinks when they play with me. I'm not even remotely close to being a great player at 1/2, but I'm working on it. My biggest problems so far have been tilt and not listening to my gut enough. Any comments and plumbing tips would be greatly appreciated.

Well, except for lol_pozzament, I think he's seen every single massive spew I've had in the past month. So if you're out there, be quiet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think your solid! I mean how did you know in this hand?

FullTiltPoker Game #2485289100: Table Bardstown (6 max) - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:36:55 ET - 2007/05/22
Seat 1: ChkOutXpres ($147.60)
Seat 2: bertkc ($199)
Seat 3: Townie Railer ($204.65)
Seat 4: arrrrtard ($232)
Seat 5: Ducketz1069 ($627.65)
Seat 6: jcdubbb ($448.65)
arrrrtard posts the small blind of $1
Ducketz1069 posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
jcdubbb folds
ChkOutXpres folds
bertkc raises to $7
Townie Railer raises to $24
arrrrtard folds
Ducketz1069 folds
bertkc raises to $199, and is all in
Townie Railer calls $175
bertkc shows [Kh As]
Townie Railer shows [Ad Ac]
jcdubbb: !
*** FLOP *** [Th Js Tc]
*** TURN *** [Th Js Tc] [2h]
*** RIVER *** [Th Js Tc 2h] [6c]
bertkc shows a pair of Tens
Townie Railer shows two pair, Aces and Tens
Townie Railer wins the pot ($398) with two pair, Aces and Tens
bertkc adds $200
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $401 | Rake $3
Board: [Th Js Tc 2h 6c]
Seat 1: ChkOutXpres didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: bertkc showed [Kh As] and lost with a pair of Tens
Seat 3: Townie Railer (button) showed [Ad Ac] and won ($398) with two pair, Aces and Tens
Seat 4: arrrrtard (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 5: Ducketz1069 (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: jcdubbb didn't bet (folded)

Also, has anybody seen bert around?
Old 08-17-2007, 05:48 AM

since thats definately what this thread should be used for [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Closed Thread