Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 12:26 AM

Default So what\'s the deal with these bans?

When I was reading about people getting banned, I honestly had no idea what they were referring to. It's like they were talking about some ban-monster going around banning them for the most trifling infractions. What nonsense. And then I just got banned myself for posting something NT thought wasn't very interesting.

Are you guys serious? I realize that you chose to have a moderated forum to cull the crap, but you guys have these power obsessed kids censoring based on what they like and don't like? In the OOT forum of all places??? Geez, just let it get bumped down if nobody's reading/replying.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:08 AM

Default Re: So what\'s the deal with these bans?

a voice of reason
Old 10-13-2006, 06:42 AM

its mostly just best to stay out of OOT.
there seems to be a very fine line between "awesome trip report"/"WTF STOP USING THE FORUM AS YOUR PERSONAL BLOG YOU [censored] RETARD" and "funny and interesting story"/"I DONT FIND THIS NEARLY AS INTERESTING AS [CENSORED] EATING BREAKFAST CEREALS. FU BANNED 4 LIFE EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE 2000 STRATEGY POSTS".
Old 10-13-2006, 10:24 AM

actually iversonian, in your OP you stated quite clearly that you KNEW it was a dumb idea for a thread, but you just wanted to have your very own 'ask me' thread.

also, i heard you said you were never posting on 2p2 again due to my fascist OOT modding... no such luck huh?
Old 10-13-2006, 10:26 AM

Captain Busto,

You're right in that those that have trouble differentiating between interesting threads and sucky threads would do well to stay away from starting threads in OOT.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:20 PM

the mods obv ain't perfect, but i think all forums would be far worse without them

IMO OOT became better the more active the mods became (it sucked bad for a while before mods)
Old 10-13-2006, 07:46 PM

and what's the deal ovaltine?
Old 10-14-2006, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
actually iversonian, in your OP you stated quite clearly that you KNEW it was a dumb idea for a thread, but you just wanted to have your very own 'ask me' thread.

also, i heard you said you were never posting on 2p2 again due to my fascist OOT modding... no such luck huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say it was a dumb idea for a thread. I qualified it saying it was lame because, while some others can consider themselves experts on cool subjects, this was all I could come up with that I thought I knew more than anyone else on. Ok, so I really wanted to have an askme thread. Do you ban everyone who starts one for the same motivations?

As for never posting on 2p2, I changed my mind. I figured I'd at least post this original message, and then I got to thinking I didn't want to give up all this just cause you're a douche. I wonder what David and Mason would think of you taunting a poster for coming back to the forums? And that comment you cite, that was in a private email to the forum mods. I wonder what they'd think of that ethical breach. You've certainly shown yourself to be a class act, NT.

Edit:
If I had not qualififed my post and just said, hey guys, I totally know everything about Frasier (which I almost do), the most awesome show on earth and everybody knows it! Ask away! would I have been banned? This is why I think your rebuttal doesn't hold muster.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the mods obv ain't perfect, but i think all forums would be far worse without them

IMO OOT became better the more active the mods became (it sucked bad for a while before mods)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fine with that, if that's the argument they're making, that on the whole, OOT prefers this higher level of censorship despite the occasional personal inconvenience it can cause. It's the mod's attitude that got me most worked up about it, from his explanation of the ban to his post on this thread.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:29 AM

Oh, incidentally, if anyone has a quick question about Frasier, I'd be delighted to answer it.