Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Botting the WNBA Season...

[ QUOTE ]
Phoenix/Seattle: Under 175*

[/ QUOTE ]
Looking good. I got it at 174.5, and it's now down to 173.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:58 AM

Posted this on my site last night:

[ QUOTE ]
I managed to get internet access at my cottage by a grace of god, so I’ll be able to post the lines myself from now on. The person who WAS posting the lines didn’t manage to get the lines posted until ten minutes before the Chicago match…..but that was probably a good thing, as it meant many of you missed out on that loss, and so would have ended up with a winning day.

We’ve hit a slight bump in the road the past 3 days, going 1-5, and getting creamed in the experimental Over/Under system. Our W/L record is 23-15-1, or 60.5%. Over/Under wise, we’re a depressing 2-8 for total predictions, and 3-3 in the 3 point error margin system. Like the spread analysis and system, I’ve put a bit more work into it, and I’m a bit more comfortable with giving spreads now. I won’t bother listing publicly every over/under prediction anymore - instead sticking with any picks 3 points or more difference, and have tweaked it somewhat so it should hopefully produce more accurate results. So we’re 3-3 with that one, and we’ll hopefully start winning as of Tuesday!

Tuesday lines will be up in a few hours so you can get on them before they change overnight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Followed by:

[ QUOTE ]
Tuesday, unfortunately the lines are pretty much dead on, as we only have:

Chicago -2.5(57%)

I’ll track the line movements and see if anything changes in our favour and make an updated post if so.

In O/U, we have:

San Antonio/Washington - Over 149.5
Houston/New York - Under 144

[/ QUOTE ]

No line movements have changed as of this writing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2007, 07:40 PM

Regarding your addet pick:

Janell Burse C Doub Tues - Wrist - 8/6/07 Has pain in her left wrist caused by damaged ligaments, she will undergo surgery on August 14th. She could potentially play in a game before surgery, but it is unlikely.

Lauren Jackson F Out Tues - Personal - 8/6/07

Its right before gametime, but maybe you will see this post in time. Stupid its Monday ;-) so a full day for your answer

Were both missing Players factored in the original calculation for the line?

Old 08-07-2007, 07:26 AM

Sorry I didnt see this last night - its like pulling teeth using the internet here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Added to the website last night:

[ QUOTE ]

The line has now moved to +3, so Minnesota is the pick at 57%

[/ QUOTE ]

Janells possibly injury and missing the game was taken into consideration when running the results. Didn't know about Lauren though. Factoring them in, Minnesota -2 is highest bot will go.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:58 AM

Well, a disappointing 2-2 night, as we went 1-1 in the spreads, and 1-1 in the over/under. Even more disappointing as it looked like being a wonderful 4-0 night heading into the 4th quarters. Oh well - considering we won the over bet by .5 points, you won’t hear me complaining!

W/L YTD: 24-16-1 (60%)
O/U YTD: 4-4 (50%)

No games tomorrow, however for Thursday so far we:

Seattle +9 (58%)
Los Angeles +1 (61%)

Over/Under:

Detroit/Seattle - Over 150

San Antonio/Sacramento - Over 142

New York vs Phoenix - Under 165
Old 08-08-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh well - considering we won the over bet by .5 points, you won’t hear me complaining!

[/ QUOTE ]

I managed to get that one at 147.5, so a little less sweat here... But my prayers were with you folks ;-)

Thanks for the picks -- they've been supporting my horrible baseball betting for a couple weeks now...
Old 08-10-2007, 08:17 AM

Bad night last night, 0-2 on spreads, 1-2 in O/U.

No bets today.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:56 AM

’ve went through a few of the losses over the last week, and I think quite a few of them are based on me not adjusting the bot correctly based on injuries. I’ve spent some time trying to fix that today, and think that I’ve got it running more smoothly now. I’ve also spent some time doing adjustments on a teams strength. For example, Washington were pitiful at the start of the season, going on an 0-8 streak, however they’ve now won their last 4, or their last 9 in 12 games, and so it should base it more on a teams current run of results/stats/form rather than the whole season. Remember, this is just a work in progress at the moment! Also to those who have asked, yes I will attempting the same thing for the NBA. Also although there were no predictions yesterday as they were below the threshold, the bot correctly predicted both Houston to cover and over 143.5, so I’m hopefully back on the right track.

Saturday, we have bets on all games, with:

Indiana +7.5(59%)
Connecticut -1.5 (57%)
Washington +3 (57%)
Los Angeles +10.5 (59%)
Houston +7(59%)

Over/Under:

Detroit/Indiana - Over 142
Chicago/Conn - Over 152
Houston/San Antonio - Over 146

Good luck all.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:01 PM

Well what started out as a great night(3-0 in spreads) ended up being just “okay”, thanks to Washington completely crashing in the 3rd quarter. We went 3-2 in spreads, and 2-1 in O/U, for a solid 5-3 winning night.

Current records:

W/L YTD: 27-20-1 (57.5%)
O/U: 7-7 (50%)

Today we have:

Minnesota +2(59%)
Washington/Sacramento - Over 145.5
Old 08-12-2007, 12:19 PM

5-3 isn't bad at all, congrats. I watched the Seattle-Washington game (holding Seattle -3 and over), and it was the first WNBA game I've actually watched. I was pleasantly surprised at the action, especially from Seattle's end. Entertaining game. Good luck tonight.