Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 10:17 AM

Default Re: * * * * AUGUST LOW CONTENT THREAD * * * * *DELETED*

I keep wanting to throw some money back into FTP now that my life is getting freed up again. But I can't bring myself to just deposit $1000 and play .25/.5 after play 2/4 and 1/2. I dunno why, it's just the way it is. I guess I could play a little nitty at PLO100 or shortstack some higher levels, but the swings with shortstacking are sick.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And the guidelines posted by Beset still apply.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was beset's idea to start the low content thread every month. Notice the VERY FIRST THING item.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=98&fpart=1

****OFFICIAL LOW CONTENT THREAD v.1****

Let's do this.

Trash-talk, socializing, super-basic questions, forum suggestions, etc.

(list stolen from MSNL low content thread because I like it)

Winrates
Goals
Best players/how others are doing
Personal stats
Coaching requests
Any hands you want to share that you aren't really looking for strat advice on
Other general discussion that doesn't require its own thread

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, where does it say abuse it allowed?

Troll, I agree that Buzz started out too sensitive but get over it already and go back to ribbing Ribby.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:36 PM

Good day today

[ QUOTE ]

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.10 BB (6 handed)

SB ($10.85)
BB ($10.75)
UTG ($24.65)
Hero ($9.45)
CO ($16.50)
Button ($6.80)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.20, SB calls $0.15, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.80) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.7</font>, Button calls $1.70, SB folds, BB calls $1.20.

Turn: ($5.90) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.8</font>, Button folds, BB calls $2.80.

River: ($11.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $6.05 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $4.75 (All-In).

Final Pot: $21

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">

Outcome: BB wins $22.30. (with 8h Qh 3h Qd)
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.10 BB (6 handed)

SB ($11.35)
Hero ($5.90)
UTG ($4.40)
MP ($18.50)
CO ($3.75)
Button ($8.70)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.3</font>, CO calls $0.30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.95) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.95</font>, MP calls $0.95, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $3.45</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5.6</font>, MP folds.

Turn: ($10.95) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($10.95) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $8.80

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">

Outcome: CO wins $8.80. (with 2h Js 9d Jd) </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-05-2007, 01:55 PM

Why can i never get a hand or hit a flop against the 80/40 lagtard with the 400BB stack on my right?
Old 08-05-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: * * * * AUGUST LOW CONTENT THREAD * * * * *DELETED* *DELETED*

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are a bad moderator for making ridiculous edits and deletions in the low content thread. You are in the wrong if you delete my posts where I express my opinion. Disagreement does not equal abuse.

[/ QUOTE ]Troll - From my perspective, problems that didn't exist have been created in reaction to my trying to solve a problem that did exist.

As moderator of the Omaha forums, I am asking that you please refrain from posting abusive or insulting comments to anybody, including me, on the Omaha forums. As moderator of the Omaha forums I am asking that if you respond to a poster who seems to me to be asking for help, you either do not respond at all or respond with a post that actually is helpful. I am asking that you do not post abusive, non-constructive, or insulting criticism of anyone else's attempts to help another poster.

I expect that you will not always agree with various points of view expressed on the Omaha forums. if you want to offer an alternate point of view or explain where you think the point of view of the poster is in error, you are welcome to do that, so long as you do it in a constructive, non insulting and non abusive manner.

I do not derive pleasure from deleting posts by you or anybody else. Many deletions I have made were judgment calls, some more difficult than others. In a way, it's not unlike making a decision while playing a hand of poker. The more difficult the decision, the more likely I am to make a mistake. If I have made any mistakes that have offended you or anyone else, I apologize.

Buzz
Frank Jerome
Old 08-05-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No one asked you to waste your time editing the low content thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure someone did, that's why Buzz is doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you just come right out and admit that this is all your doing because you can't stand being picked on?
Old 08-05-2007, 11:31 PM

KSOT - It's not Ribbo's doing. What you quoted of what he wrote is essentially correct. However, that is not the issue, since I take full responsibility for my actions as moderator of this forum.

Ribbo, by the way, can more than hold his own when someone attempts to pick on him.

But that's a waste of everybody's time, and the animosity generated spills over into other threads.

Please stop these side-swipes at other posters. I don't care if it is made in the low content thread or not, or if you think it's funny or not.

If somehow it is not already clear to you, I am asking everybody to cease and desist from abusing or acting impolitely or rudely on the Omaha forums to other posters.

Buzz
Old 08-05-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No one asked you to waste your time editing the low content thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure someone did, that's why Buzz is doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you just come right out and admit that this is all your doing because you can't stand being picked on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you and why do you think I care what you say about me? To answer your question, no I don't run this forum, so I don't have any authority to tell Buzz to moderate the Omaha boards.
What a dumb comment you made.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:26 AM

Default Re: * * * * AUGUST LOW CONTENT THREAD * * * *

[ QUOTE ]
Fairly unlikely? LOL. You really shouldn't use terms like that.
It's 50/50 whether he has the ace spades or not. We know 9 cards in the deck if he has, my 4, the 3 on the flop and the two aces .
This means that 23% of the time, when opponent shoves here, he has a nut flush draw. Now that doesn't include the times he has a king high flush draw or the times the player after him calls with an ace or king high flush draw. Nor does it include the times the player after me yet to act has an ace or king high flush draw.

If you honestly think calling with a queen high flush draw is an auto play, no matter how deep you are, you're sadly mistaken. I can be in big trouble more often than you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you get 23% from? If villain has AAxx with an ace of spades, there are 43 cards left in the deck, of which 8 are spades. Thus, the probability that villain does not have a flush draw given that he has the ace of spades is (35/43)*(34/42)= 65.9%. Therefore, just given that villian has AAxx, the probability that he has the NFD is (100-65.9)*(1/2)= 17.1%.

Also, I never said that it was "an auto call no matter how deep you are". Just that it's an auto-call in this one particular situation when you've only got 1.5x pot in your stack and your opponent's will be pushing very wide ranges.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:33 AM

Default Re: * * * * AUGUST LOW CONTENT THREAD * * * *

Also, I'm not making any more brag posts for a while. Right before I started playing yesterday, I posted how I hadn't even had a 5 BI downswing in 12K hands and then I get hit with this:

-15 BI right off the bat.