Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 06:06 PM

Default some notes on the Wynn poker room - AJ rules!

AJ Brock III (per his name tag) is a helluva good floor person. He takes the time to talk to you, is a nice guy, and listens to requests. He's there at night most of the time. Do all of us a favor and throw him a red bird if he helps you out, that kind of floor person deserves some recognition.

The rest of the floor was waaaaay better than in my previous experiences. I forgot to sign in one day but they didn't mind and still comped my lunch, where as before they probably would have been anal about the ordeal.

It looks like they just started keeping a must move game going, which i don't particularly like, but if you don't want to make it to the new game you can take your name off the list and recycle into your current game 30 minutes later, which is nice for those who don't want to have to leave the game they're in- that's really a two sided arguement for that rule, but i'm in favor of game selection over a full table anyday.

My chief complaint was the incometence of a few of the dealers in dealing omaha eight or better. And not that it's a huge problem, but at least a half dozen times the PLO dealers forgot it was 4 card. I constantly found myself telling the dealers who won Hi and who won low in omaha eight or better, and once having to stop a dealer from shipping half the pot to a player who had already started stacking chips when there was no low hand available. It resulted in a bunch of wasted time figuring out how much he had stacked into his chips, etc, etc.

It would be nice if they'd give their dealers a little prep course on LO8, as some of them failed to split the pot correctly or didn't begin splitting it until the river, which again, wastes time.

They were more than willing to cut rake/time when we were less than 6 handed, assuming someone asked, which was nice.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised with the experience. Seems they've improved over the last few months.

-Tex
Old 03-19-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: some notes on the Wynn poker room

AJ was awesome. He sat down shorthanded in the 15-30 game at the end of my night, Friday/Saturday AM. I feel bad I didn't tip him, but I'm sure the way I was playing helped him make some cash. At one point, there was some discussion about the two of us going to the Spearmint Rhino. Unfortunately, he had to be back at work at 1:30 PM on Saturday and I left Saturday night.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:38 PM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] AJ. The swing shift crew is fantastic!
Old 03-19-2007, 08:12 PM

Mods: Change this to the "AJ rules" thread.

Started making monthly visits to Wynn in November. After my first short visit with AJ he's remembered my name the moment I walk in every since.

AJ and a few others at Wynn treat you like royalty
Old 03-19-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
, but at least a half dozen times the PLO dealers forgot it was 4 card. I constantly found myself telling the dealers who won Hi and who won low in omaha eight or better

[/ QUOTE ]

You ahve to remember that dealers in vegas deal almost nothing but holdem. When we occasionally end up in another game its easy to forget that you have to deal 4 cards out (or three for stud) but you are just so used to dealing 2 cards over and over and over again. And for those of us who just rarely deal anything but hold'em reading the hands isn't as natural for us simply because we don't do it as often, and things don't get any easier in an omaha game when everybody is telling the dealer what the hands are all at once. Thats not an excuse for making mistakes, but it is an explanation for needing a little longer to recognize the hands.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:24 AM

did you stack me with 67o when i had AA in the SB, shortstacked?
Old 03-20-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did you stack me with 67o when i had AA in the SB, shortstacked?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was playing 15-30 limit, so if I did I'm sorry. My memory as to the actual hands that were played is relatively hazy. If a drunk, tall guy with a wrinkled shirt and a dip in his mouth stacked you, it was probably me, but I don't remember doing it.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: some notes on the Wynn poker room - AJ rules!

Yes, AJ is very good and has a bright future ahead of him.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:32 PM

BTW - AJ is a big part of the reason I will be returning to play at the Wynn the next time I head to Vegas.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:34 PM

i want meet this mr aj