Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 06:44 AM

Default Another Drunk grabs my cards story (short)

No-limit cash game B&M.

On the turn, I make it it $125 after BB comes out betting $25 (only two of us in this hand). He instantly makes it $725 total (which would put me all-in).

Kc Jd 9s, 2c

I have top-two (KJ).

I think and anguish and kind of don't know what to do (I suck at no-limit!).

Part of me loves my hand. Part of me hates my hand. I finally toss my cards face down into the muck.

He shows QT (as a nice gesture).

Drunk in 1 seat (not in hand), reaches out to grab my face down cards and flips them over for entire table to see. Dealer says nothing to him.

Entire table (believe it or not), INCLUDING the dealer............

now asks me if I mind if they rabbit hunt. I say, "go ahead". It was the ace of hearts (not important to story but hey, someone (B&M) might ask).

The rabbit hunting is no big deal (in my eyes) but shouldn't the dealer have at least said something to the guy who flipped up my cards? I mean this is a major Las Vegas poker room.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Best Wishes

Howard
Old 03-20-2007, 07:36 AM

Default Re: Another Drunk grabs my cards story (short)

Dealer and you should do something... KITN.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:41 AM

yeah, dealer should be on top of this. and it isn't nitty for you to get pissed if dealer doesn't say something. I would be pissed at both. I was playing a 5-10nl game in AC and something similar to this happened. there was 4 to a straight on board and one player folded the second nut straight after big bet on the river. the other player mucked his hand after the pot was pushed to him and someone grabbed it and turned it over. whole table told the guy he was way out of line immediately.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:37 AM

Reaching into the muck is grounds for ejection. Never actually seen someone ejected for it, though. There are just things players shouldn't do--reach into the main pot, reach into the muck, monkey with someone else's cards in play. Except, of course, for dealers playing in their own room--in that case they get to do anything they please and nobody is allowed to say "boo" about it (/sarcasm) (but dealers can be some of the most ill-behaved of players and this is a minor pet-peeve of mine--I don't mind Tom Foolery in lighthearted games where nobody is taking much of anything seriously, but if you're playing NL and folks are being kinda intense over $600 pots, BEHAVE).
Old 03-20-2007, 08:42 AM

I would not continue to play at that cardroom if those kinds of actions are tolerated, and I would let the floor personnel know this.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:49 AM

Not to condone the dealer letting it slide, but he probably thought it was ok with you when you acted nonchalant. If you had said something dealer probably would have backed you up.