Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Supplement Review: Ergopharm AMP

https://www.ergopharm.net/

After reading extensive articles and journals linked from Mindandmuscle, I decided on giving Ergopharm's AMP a shot:

(I also bought a pack of their OXO-11, but it's too early to give a review on that.)

ErgoLean AMP is a thermogenic/energy supplement, much like the ECA stack or other caffeine-related products. Purported benefits are:

How does it work: AMP is specific, synergistic blend of 3 key components that provide aggressive results unlike any other product before.
Amp contains:
• Chocamine™. Chocamine™ is the protein component in cocoa. Chocamine™ has been shown to be an effective appetite suppressant, potent CNS stimulant, lipolytic (fat mobilizer), and fatigue fighter.
• Geranamine™. Geranamine™ is a derivative of geranium oil which resembles the body’s own chemical messenger, epinephrine (adrenaline). Like adrenaline, Geranamine™ is a powerful CNS stimulant, for added energy, increased clarity and a boost in physical performance, especially valuable to athletes during calorie restriction or when a high level of focus is needed. For fat loss, Geranamine™ works through a similar chemical pathway as ephedrine, causing a rise in cAMP, the chemical messenger that triggers fat release. Caffeine works in synergy with Chocamine™, and Geranamine™ as a stimulant, appetite suppressant, and fatigue fighter. It also prolong the lipolytic effect of both of the other two active ingredients in AMP™.
• Potent CNS stimulant, for increased energy, incredible mental focus and concentration, increased lipolysis by increasing the chemical messenger (cAMP) that triggers fatty acid release from adipose tissue.
• Increased physical performance
• Appetite suppression
• Improved mood, sense of well-being
• Adrenaline mimetic

I've been taking two caps in the morning and afternoon, and I can say that the stimulation effect is very similar to ECA without as much rush. Also, there is no defined "crash" from the supplement, which is obviously very beneficial. AMP seems to elevate my mood better than ECA (that could be due to tolerance, though) and keep me going throughout the day for a similar period that ECA would do.

A major benefit of AMP is that I can take two caps and then go run 2.5 miles without dying. In fact, I feel even better throughout the run! I haven't tried it as a nootropic as related to baseball (PED-like qualities), but I'll do so this weekend over two games and update this thread with my thoughts.

However, as of right now, I really like the product. Give it a shot if you're looking for something different!
Old 08-17-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Supplement Review: Ergopharm AMP

Hasn't prolonged exposure to low levels of adrenaline been associated with and said to be causative of some extremely unhealthy things?
Old 08-17-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Supplement Review: Ergopharm AMP

[ QUOTE ]
Hasn't prolonged exposure to low levels of adrenaline been associated with and said to be causative of some extremely unhealthy things?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read a bunch of journal papers on this very subject, and the only things I can take from them are:

Prolonged exposure to adrenaline can result in:
-Increased sensitivity to insulin as it relates to glycogen stores
-Tolerance to adrenaline compounds (obviously)

However, I found nothing that confirms the idea that increased and prolonged exposure to adrenaline and precursors to adrenaline could cause anything negative as related to the endocrin system.

There is significant anecdotal evidence on various personal logs that show that by taking ketotifin or the active ingredient in Benadryl (diphenhydramine) can uptake the receptor sites for these types of cAMP stimulants to retain their effectiveness, and that over months of use, no negative effects have been reported.